IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new growth strategy (IFC 3.0) to stimulate more investment activity, especially in low income and conflict-affected countries. This strategy calls for generating our own opportunities by proactively working “Upstream” to build, deepen, and expand markets and to invent, design and implement investment projects. It requires taking a comprehensive approach to understanding the regulatory and sector bottlenecks that prevent the flow of private capital into productive investment in our member countries, and addressing these bottlenecks through WBG engagement on policy reforms and programmatic interventions at the country and sector levels. It also involves a proactive project development, even in the absence of reforms.
IFC is seeking an Investment or Operations Analyst who will support Upstream activities in the manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors in the ECA region. The Analyst will provide analytical, research and operational support on the development and implementation of Upstream projects.
The roles and responsibilities of the Analyst are crafted to allow him/her to dynamically progress by undertaking more advanced tasks and by building up their scope of responsibilities based upon the experience and expertise acquired.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to all aspects of project initiation, preparation, and implementation.
• Provide research and analysis on relevant sectors, and companies, including market mapping, comparator analysis, and sector and company financial projections/models.
• Analyze historical financials and projections of companies, prepare and update financial models and financial projections.
• Extract data from internal and external databases, manipulate and present data for various audiences and update/maintain information in relevant databases.
• Review, screen and prepare the relevant documents, reports, industry updates and trends.
• Support overall project planning, implementation and monitoring to ensure high quality results, within the specified time frames and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of IFC.
• Assist with communications with other internal units of IFC, clients and partners, at the operational level, such as preparing draft correspondence, presentations, and following up on internal/external correspondence.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, International Relations, Science, Engineering, or other relevant field. MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
• Up to 3 years work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment.
• Genuine dedication to development and to the WBG and IFC’s mission, strategy and values.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance.
• Financial modelling skills.
• Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and database skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and quality.
• Ability to deliver and function effectively in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects.
• Strong collaboration skills, self-motivation, natural curiosity to acquire new knowledge, ability to take the initiative and to work across organizational boundaries.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in English and Uzbek.
|Closing date:||May 10, 2021|