IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
The Europe and Central Asia Department, ECA, is hiring an Operations Analyst (henceforth OA) to provide operational and analytical support to IFC’s operations primarily in Ukraine. The OA will contribute to project preparation and implementation of activities, provide strategic analysis and briefing materials, and communicate with government agencies, private sector and other stakeholders, including the private sector associations, and think tanks. The OA will also help the Country Management Team with other ECA countries of operation and regional assignments. The position will be based in Kyiv.
The candidate must be capable of taking initiative to cover a range of tasks, have excellent English writing skills, and be able to thrive in a small, entrepreneurial team/environment, and work independently with minimal supervision.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Keep abreast of regulatory developments that impact IFC’s general activities and provide input on local economic and business trends to IFC investment decisions and strategies. Research untapped markets to identify current constraints to private sector investment as input to upstream market creation decisions.
• In collaboration with regional teams and strategists, (i) support the formulation and execution of country strategies and diagnostics; (ii) support preparation of various briefing materials, and (iii) develop partnerships with World Bank staff.
• Support country management team in keeping an up-to-date country website.
• Support business development efforts, assist sector teams in mapping exercises, contribute to integrity due diligence (IDD) analysis for investment projects, engage in project financial analysis with investment teams and support portfolio teams. Participate in missions, country review meetings and appraisal of projects. Liaise with IFC investment teams to monitor progress and performance of projects to solve potential problems.
• Support the Country Management Team to oversee advisory projects and sectoral initiatives.
• Support the Country Management Team to ensure IFC representation/involvement at key private sector, public sector, donor and World Bank events and meetings as appropriate, including making presentations, and ensure dissemination of information to relevant staff within the World Bank Group.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with Government officials and the private sector, and close relationships with key IFC partners and WBG counterparts in the country office to further IFC’s activities.
• Support the Country Management Team on operational matters.
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or related field and at least 3 years of relevant experience in Europe and Central Asia, preferably in Ukraine.
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of one’s own work,
• Demonstrate active listening skills by being attentive and listening to others in order to identify client and stakeholder needs,
• Demonstrate diplomacy and responsiveness in interactions with others,
• Write in a logical and comprehensive, yet concise manner,
• Distill and summarize large amounts of information from various sources to prepare business documents and presentations,
• Utilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data,
• Team player with good problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to execute tasks timely and effectively,
• Experience within World Bank Group will be an advantage,
• Advanced user level proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word,
• Command of English (written and verbal) and Ukrainian are needed. Knowledge of another ECA language a plus.
|Closing date:||April 14, 2021|