CARE USA is currently seeking an Online User Experience Manager. In this role, you will be an integral member of the CARE USA digital team responsible for the user experience of all visitors to CARE USA’s online venues, including CARE.org, the online gift catalog (gifts.care.org) and other sites.
Strategically, you will internally represent the “constituent” (e.g., donors, institutional partners, program beneficiaries, advocates, new site visitors etc.) in delivering user-centric design across all projects, platforms, interfaces and devices, and play a key role in the enhancement, unification, and standardization of user experience across all interfaces. You will also ensure all online venues support CARE’s fundraising, user engagement and information dissemination objectives.
Operationally, together with the Online Content Coordinator, you will be responsible for updating site content and perform other content maintenance tasks. You will also work with the Web Operations Manager to take care of typical “webmaster” and operational maintenance (e.g., updating tags) on our Drupal site.
- Maintains & continually improves UX on CARE.org & other important CARE online venues.
- Employs user-centered design methods to develop site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and style guides for new interactive experiences in support of various initiatives.
- Establish effectiveness tracking & feedback mechanisms (e.g., on Google Analytics) on all CARE digital properties for ongoing improvements.
- Improve SEO (e.g. using Conductor) & email sign-up performance.
- With support from the Online Content Coordinator, work closely with other departments to source text, photography & video content for updates to CARE.org and other venues.
- With support from the Web Ops Manager, perform ongoing site/content maintenance tasks.
- Collaborate with in-house/agency teams to develop creative assets/collateral (e.g., multimedia interactive content, landing pages, display ads) for CARE.org and other channels.
- Monitor Google Analytics and recommend UX improvements for testing via Optimizely.
- Staying abreast of leading edge industry development in online fundraising & user engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree required (graphic design, interactive development a plus;
- 7+ years of interactive application and interface design, structured design techniques, multi-variate & usability testing methodologies;
- Advanced HTML/CSS/Photoshop/JS/Drupal & other emerging web/mobile design tools/technologies;
- Combination of design-driven and business-driven experience and approach to UX – equally adept at visual/interactive design, UX testing (Optimizely), and site analytics (Google Analytics);
- Familiarity with E-commerce, mobile, social media, online PR & earned media;
- Agency-side experience or experience working with agencies a plus.