Protection (1 position)
with regular travel to BEM and Aden.
duration until 31 Dec 2017 with possibility of extension.
non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more
than 30 countries throughout the world. DRC provides direct assistance to
conflict-affected populations- refugees, internally displaced people and host
communities in the conflict areas of the world and advocates on their behalf
internationally and in Denmark.
order to respond to the mixed migration flows from the Horn of Africa.
DRC’s operations have since expanded to include food security, livelihoods,
water and sanitation hygiene, and protection assistance to children, vulnerable
households, internally displaced persons, and host communities.
community leaders and other partners to respond to the mixed migration flow to
and through Yemen by screening new arrivals, gathering and analyzing data,
providing basic life-saving assistance and referrals, and providing ongoing
consultation, training and support to relevant stakeholders in accordance with protection
mainstreaming, humanitarian principals and best practices.
- Under the guidance of the program coordinator and/or manager, work with the program assistants to train, support and monitor local partner CSOs, community volunteers, community-based committees and/or other stakeholders.
- Provide technical support and supervise program assistants to ensure quality implementation of all components of the program, including setting standards of operation and M&E, developing weekly work plans for all activities, ensuring protection mainstreaming and compliance with humanitarian standards.
- Liaise with relevant government departments, community leaders, NGOs and UN agencies.
- Maintain field presence to support and assess program implementation, identify any concerns and obtain beneficiary feedback.
- Work with the M&E to monitor and evaluate the program.
- Work with DRC colleagues in other sectors, offices or programs to identify and capitalize on opportunities to integrate or improve integration of activities or response.
- Document, through pictures and stories, the impact of the program.
- Ensure that any beneficiary feedback, concerns or issues are addressed through the appropriate mechanisms.
- Enter data and maintain accurate records regarding program implementation.
- Provide weekly updates to the coordinator and/or manager.
- Contribute to and prepare draft reports and comply with set deadlines.
- Attend cluster or other meeting and participate in trainings as assigned by the supervisor.
- Comply with DRC’s Code of Conduct, program requirements and operational policies at all times and report any concerns through the appropriate mechanism.
- Any other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Lead and supervise the field team
- Manage the petty cash in accordance with DRC and donor policies.
- Organize field trips and patrolling routes and share the movement plan with the project coordinator and manager, Logistics and Security Departments.
- Coordinate with the project coordinator and/or manager and logistics to receive itemsservices needed for running activities.
- Refer vulnerable new arrivals to the appropriate services, including IOM and health facilities, and follow-up on all referrals.
- Translate to and from Somali, Oromo and/or Amharic to Arabic and/or English
- College degree or other relevant education
- A minimum of two years of experience working with an INGO or UN agency in a similar sector
- Fluent Arabic (spoken and written)
- Basic English proficiency (spoken and written)
- Familiarity with and acceptance in the local community
- Experience working with local communities and community leaders
- Willingness to be placed and work in the field as assigned
- Solid understanding of and commitment to humanitarian principles
- Experience developing and/or delivering trainings
- Comfortable with speaking in public in informal and formal settings
- Strong organizational, time-management and documentation skills
- Ability and willingness to be a team player
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint), web based communication systems.
- Experience in managing teams under pressure, organizing work and assigning tasks.
- Fluency in Somali, Oromo and/or Amharic