Purpose of Job
The Officer is primarily responsible for support services to facilitate the local delivery of ASB projects, assisting the Principal Manager in the implementation of the ASB project flow, and developing and maintaining client and consultant databases. In addition, the Officer is responsible for managing local ASB bank accounts and petty cash, facilitating payments and posting financial transactions into core ASB systems, working closely with members of the ASB Finance and Administration team in London on general matters such as payments, cost assignment and cash management. The role will also deal extensively with local clients on general financial matters related to ASB projects.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Assist with the sourcing, developing and monitoring of ASB projects, drafting proposals and completion/evaluation reports, to ensure projects are properly implemented and documented.
- Evaluate potential projects against necessary selection criteria in order to put forward project proposals for consideration by ASB management ensuring that companies and consultants meet all necessary selection criteria.
- Develop and maintain the ASB local client and consultant databases to ensure accurate record-keeping and donor reporting.
- Organise visibility and market development activities, as directed by the Principal Manager, to help ASB in its mission to support local companies and consultants.
- Manage communication coverage of the various events and relevant actions started by the programme.
- Monitor use of local ASB bank accounts to ensure that finances are used in accordance with relevant agreements, rules and procedures.
- Prepare and submit for review to ASB London accurate and timely Monthly Financial Reports (MFRs), as part of the process by which spending by local ASB offices is reflected in core EBRD systems.
- Keep adequate and well-organised documentation in support of all local payments, and facilitate VAT recovery according to local mechanisms, in line with EBRD’s duties for prudent management of donor funds.
- Receive and review invoices from consultants, and coordinate their timely submission to EBRD in London, so that service providers are paid on time and on completion of agreed deliverables.
- Conduct other ad hoc financial and administrative tasks as defined by management to ensure team’s objectives are met.
Knowledge, Skill, Experience, & Qualifications
Relevant degree or higher diploma
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant experience in an administrative capacity, preferably gained from a large commercial organisation, financial institution or donor organisation.
- Relevant experience in terms of basic finance or accounting.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the EBRD mandate.
- Demonstrable skills related to quantitative and numerical record-keeping and basic analysis.
- Experience with the SAP accounting system preferable, as well as the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Substantial mastering of social media advertising and digital communication tools.
- Ability to operate sensitively in a multicultural environment and build effective working relations with internal and external stakeholders clients and colleagues, especially ASB colleagues in 25 countries and other EBRD departments.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines.
- Business / financial analytical skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding of local accounting principles and practice of company financial analysis.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Turkem is essential.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.