International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Office Associate
Department/Location: Vienna, VA
Reports To: Director, Security & Operations
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is currently seeking an Office Associate. We are looking for someone who is assertive, works with a sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. This position is located in Vienna, VA and starts immediately. Please note that due to the duties of the position, this position is not eligible for telework.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serve as main point of contact for all property management and facilities coordination.
- Track, monitor and follow up on projects and action items, ensuring completion of tasks in a timely manner. Includes all requests made by our employees regarding office cleaning, light fixtures, bathroom issues, supply and kitchen rooms maintenance, etc.
- Ensure kitchens are properly stocked with fresh coffee and tea. Ensure napkins, paper towels, sweeteners are readily available for our employees.
- Order supplies, ensuring appropriate supplies inventory levels at all times. Listen to requests from employees to order different types of supplies.
- Track IBTCI supplies like heaters and electric hole punch machines, so they are available for use at all times.
- Promote activities that enhance operational procedures.
- Manage Corporate Credit Card invoice reconciliation.
- Provide administrative support including answering incoming phone calls, greeting visitors and distributing mail.
- Update and maintain staff telephone list.
- Coordinate staff meetings including lunch coordination, meeting facilitation, preparing briefing materials, etc.
- Coordinate other meetings including division retreats, operations summit and holiday party.
- Facilitate employee engagement and morale booster initiatives. Start a birthday and anniversary program.
- Sign for packages, send out packages including Federal Express, UPS and USPS packages.
- Manage conference room schedules.
- Facilitate new contract win celebrations.
- Ensure fit for purpose of IBTCI Health and Safety Equipment (fire extinguishers, Defibrillator and First Aid Kits).
- Maintain executive level calendars.
- Ensure operational status of all conference rooms including fixtures and fittings.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Vienna and Washington, D.C. building maintenance communications, repair and maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Records management experience a plus.
- Analytical and strong online research skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- 1 year of professional work experience.
- Oral and written fluency in English required. Fluency in another language, particularly French or Arabic desired.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.