OFDA Award Operations Coordinator-Roving
- University level professional qualification/degree in International Development, Business Administration or Finance/Accounting or similar.
- Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Experience managing grants, contracts & sub agreements with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA, SIDA etc.)
- Relevant experience managing donor funded projects with International NGO’s particularly those addressing human/children’s rights and those applying partnership approaches
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities. Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Ability to proactively identify issues and problem solving skills to address these
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses
- Understanding of budget codes and ability to work with Program team to determine appropriate structure
Contract length: 16 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.