International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI provides technical assistance to USAID across many sectors including, but not limited to health, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and biodiversity.
Job Title: OAL Program Specialist
Department/Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Program Manager
Type: Full time employment
Overview: IBTCI seeks a Program Analyst to provide program analysis and operational support for USAID/Asia. The program analyst responsible for assisting in program planning, acquisition and assistance, budget, planning and reporting. Duties include tracking and assisting with responses to Congressional, public, and inter-agency inquiries in coordination with USAID staff, the interagency, and other partners. Support may be required in specific technical areas to provide assistance with project planning and implementation. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assistance in designing, planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, coordinating, and reporting on activities to ensure they are efficiently and effectively implemented in a manner that achieves the objectives of USAID.
- Preparation of budget planning tables and justification documents for internal, inter- agency, and Congressional audiences.
- Preparation of activity, project, program, and country strategy reports.
- Providing technical advice on the feasibility, appropriateness, and value of proposed activities or changes in activities.
- Supporting liaison and coordination with other donors, NGOs, civil society groups, other USG agencies, Congress, members of the press, and host government officials.
- Preparing responses to inquiries from USAID leadership, Congress, other USG agencies, the media, diaspora communities, and the general public.
- Preparing memoranda, talking points, briefing papers, and official correspondence for senior leadership.
- Coordinating and reviewing USAID/Asia responses to unsolicited proposals.
- Developing documents for the design of acquisition and assistance awards.
- Assisting with strategic planning at the sectoral, institutional, and national levels.
- Conducting sectoral analyses and assessments that inform strategic approaches and Country Development and Cooperation Strategies (CDCS).
- Disseminating best practices and sharing of lessons learned.
- Supporting a monitoring and evaluation community of practice in the LAC Bureau.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of digital systems for consolidating and managing LAC’s publications, reports, briefers, and data.
- Maintaining a filing system, including records retirement for LAC offices, both paper and electronically.
- Assisting in the development of program documents, such as waivers, authorization
- Scheduling and organizing program, portfolio, and strategic objective reviews.
- Assisting USAID/Asia staff with pulling reports, uploading information, and making requisitions in program management and financial systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with USAID policies, programs, procedures
- 7 years or progressive experience in program and technical work
- Fluency in English
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Global Affairs, International Development or Monitoring and Evaluation related fields is required. Master’s degree in preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be contacted, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.