Health and rural livelihoods are intrinsically linked. A family in poverty can scarcely afford health care. A sick breadwinner may be unable to earn income.
To increase our impact on breaking the cycle of poverty and promoting healthier families and communities, IMA World Health and Lutheran World Relief are excited to announce we are joining forces. The two humanitarian nonprofits are integrating IMA’s global health expertise and Lutheran World Relief’s work in rural economies and emergency response, creating a unified organization that will help millions more enjoy a healthier, more prosperous tomorrow.
This position furthers the mission of IMA World Health (IMA) and Lutheran World Relief (LWR) by supporting the programs department of the organization.
IMA & LWR prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US or International law.
Reports To: The Nutrition Coordinator
Assist the Nutrition Coordinator in managing the successful implementation of IMA World Health nutrition activities in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Assist with research, technical training and management of implementing partners and IMA nutrition field staff. Monitor programs, author reports, and support new business development in the nutrition sector. Work in a spirit of collaboration and trust, with a mindset that values and seeks cost-effectiveness, sustainability, and innovation.
- Assist with the design and implementation of ASSR nutrition studies and manage the analysis and report writing with IMA and PRONANUT staff.
- Help facilitate briefings and nutrition training activities with partners in the field.
- Assist with monitoring the execution of nutrition activities by implementing partners and IMA field offices. Assist with reviewing partner & IMA field office reports against program objectives and targets, and tracking partner & IMA field office nutrition budgets.
- Visit implementing partners to ensure quality implementation of the program, encourage field staff, and to trouble shoot.
- Participate in nutrition cluster meetings and monthly meetings with PRONANUT (National Nutrition Program) as needed.
- Assist with writing ASSR quarterly nutrition reports.
- Manage the financial and statistical reporting on any UNICEF/CMAM programs and trouble shoot when necessary.
- Assist with writing proposals as new opportunities arise.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the Nutrition Coordinator or Program Manager.
- Masters of Public Health, or similar. Specialization in nutrition preferred
- Experience designing & implementing nutrition studies, analysis of data, and writing up results
- Experience managing staff and nutrition programs in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environments
- Nutrition Program Experience Understands determinants of good maternal/child nutrition and community health. Understands how to build the capacity of communities, health-related agencies, and other service providers to identify, treat, & prevent malnutrition with local resources through multi-sectorial interventions that involve, nutrition education, WASH, family planning, homestead gardens, etc. Stays current with the latest developments in this field.
- Ability to speak & write in French at an upper intermediate level
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of inspiring teamwork
- Professional Maturity – Maintains a positive outlook, motivates self and team to work constructively, even under pressure. Responds resourcefully when challenges arise and accepts responsibility for actions, learning, and change. Arrives at work and appointments on time.
- Analytical Thinking – Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities; manages the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary. Approaches analysis with an unbiased, impartial view.
- Oral and Written Communication Clearly and effectively expresses ideas, thoughts and concepts verbally and in written or graphic form, using correct and appropriate grammar, organization and structure, and uses effective media presentation techniques. Uses appropriate media and approach to present ideas formally to individuals or groups with required impact.
- Proposal writing experience.
IMA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US or International law.