Function of the Position:
This is an early career position on the business development staff contributing to new business development across DAI’s worldwide portfolio. The New Business Coordinator I/II is an integral member of small teams developing proposals across the region. Primary responsibilities (further explained below) are to work with the New Business Director to coordinate proposal development, conduct research and analysis on relevant issues (including through in-country fact-finding travel), and support budgeting, recruiting, and logistics for business development initiatives. This position is most appropriate for someone who likes a fast-paced work environment, teamwork, and developing a diverse set of skills and experiences.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proposal Coordination : Under the direction of the New Business Director, coordinates the day-to-day activities of DAI staff preparing proposals for new projects. Serves as the information and communications hub on proposal teams, liaising across DAI divisions and with subcontractor organizations. Troubleshoots common problems and proposes solutions, elevating complex problems to senior managers. Tracks adherence to assignments, schedules, and standard DAI operating procedures and informs New Business Director of progress and obstacles that may need to be addressed. Depending on the ebb and flow of opportunities and the current flow of opportunities, moves from one assignment to another.
- Proposal Development : With oversight from the New Business Director, drafts proposal sections and reviews and revises proposal text. In collaboration with the supervisor, prepares initial budgets for proposed projects using standard spreadsheet programs. Helps identify candidates to propose for project staff positions, documents candidate qualifications.
- Information-Gathering : With guidance from the New Business Director conducts research and participates in “reconnaissance” fact-finding trips to countries in the region to help prepare new proposals, recruit project staff, and market DAI to prospective clients and partner companies. Supports planning and logistics for information-gathering and marketing trips.
- Other Services : Provides other services, such as contributing to proposal development for projects in other regions, preparing marketing materials, or providing administrative support, at the request of the New Business Director.
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Grade 5: 2 years professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree OR a Master’s degree.
Grade 6: 3 years professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree OR 1 year experience and a Master’s degree.
- Understanding of/interest in the international development field
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong Excel and/or database skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the team
- Equivalent combination of experience and training will be considered
- Spanish or French fluency strongly preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans