CARE is seeking a Network Engineer responsible for the administration, maintenance, and monitoring for daily operations of local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), security, telecommunications, and email to ensure a high level of service and satisfaction for network, email functionality, and internet access to CARE users. Prepares test plans and participates in unit testing and integration testing. Follows established source control, quality control, and production control, and the resolution of security issues.
Monitors and provides timely and effective problem resolution for any IT issues relating to core servers, network, Black Berry Enterprise, email, remote access, virtual private networks (VPN), data connectivity (T1, T3, MPLS, DS3 and VSAT), backup/restore, email-based fax services, infrastructure security, and telecommunication systems. The Systems Engineer II will be presented with a mixture of problem-solving opportunities within broad, general application and architectural goals. While a few problems will have clear-cut solution methods, the majority will require a greater degree of flexibility in thought to determine the best means to achieve operational solutions. He/she must leverage critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and resolve specific problems without clearly defined solutions.
Participates in the architectural design of assigned network connectivity (LAN, MAN, or WAN), email, telecommunication systems, and infrastructure security and Active Directory. Implements specific aspects of overall strategic architecture and environment plan including network connectivity, email, infrastructure security, Cisco phone systems, and Active Directory and telecommunication systems.
Performs analysis and provides recommendations to Country Offices and CARE International on network infrastructure, email, and communication design, installation, configuration, and maintenance. Provides consulting support and guidance to Country Offices and CARE International IT Managers for implementing standard network, email, and communications architecture. Facilitates the process of hosting Country Office email in Atlanta Datacenter and its integration with Global Address List.
As a team member for assigned projects, provides task detail and time estimates. Monitors and troubleshoots the tasks related to supporting the technical architecture and environment, including network, email systems at headquarters and domestic field offices, telecommunications, as well as security for servers and desktop PC, local and wide area network and the internet.
Network and Systems Infrastructure Administration
Network, Systems Support & CO Email Hosting
Network and System Security
Project Team Member
Other Duties as Assigned
- Good French and/or Spanish verbal and written communication is required
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows server environments, Windows Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience proactively monitoring and supporting LAN/WAN, including router, switch and firewall environments.
- Experience analyzing security risks, implementing multi-layer security architectures and monitoring network security.
- Experience in established IT industry network analysis tools, infrastructure tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Knowledge of communication protocols and topologies, including wireless, VPN and VOIP.
- Knowledge of virtual computing and SAN storage environments Knowledge of ITIL, COBIT frameworks
- Good English verbal and written communication
- Technical writing skills
- MCSE, CCNA certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related major