Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Network Development Consultant candidates for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Enabling Crop Analytics at Scale project.
The Enabling Satellite-based Crop Analytics at Scale project seeks to catalyze the development, availability, and uptake of agricultural remote-sensing data and applications by public and private actors, to improve strategic and operational decisions for improvements in smallholder productivity, income, and nutritional security. The project seeks to leverage strategic development of innovation frameworks, partnerships, and data-sharing infrastructure, and to unlock the ability to remotely generate accurate, near real-time, high-resolution insights on agricultural conditions and performance (crops planted, area planted, and yields). With the goals of accelerating innovation in ground-truthing and scaling dataset availability, the initiative’s primary objectives are to:
1. Develop and test innovative strategies, methods, and technologies for dramatically reducing the costs of collecting ground-truth data and in so doing, develop common standards for the collection and exchange of ground-truth data;
2. Facilitate the scaling of ground-truth dataset creation and facilitate the exchange of existing datasets through a network or consortium-based approach; and
3. Provide global access to repositories of regularly updated ground plus core insights layers to enable scalable satellite-based analytics in emerging agricultural economies.
Tetra Tech seeks to engage a Network Development Consultant to work with and support the project management team with the development of networks, partnerships, and knowledge products that will contribute to improved availability, uptake, and use of agricultural remote sensing data. Specifically, the consultant will perform tasks related to stakeholder mobilization and engagement, including support for project events, strategic communications, and documentation of knowledge captured through this process. This is a part-time consulting assignment starting as soon as possible and with an expected duration of at least three (3) months but with multiple possible extensions or modifications. The consultant will work remotely but may be required to travel within the US, to India, or other sites to be determined collaboratively with the project team.
* Work closely with the Tetra Tech project team to research, assess, and prioritize stakeholders and networks for engagement under the project;
* In collaboration with Tetra Tech staff and with guidance from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, support the planning and design of stakeholder engagement events, including project milestone events, workshops, and technical working group meetings in the US, India, or other sites;
* Coordinate communication and planning with priority US or international stakeholders to ensure their participation in project events and meetings;
* Attend US-based or international project events, workshops, or meetings, as required, in order to facilitate sessions and document outcomes; and
* Analyze and synthesize lessons and outcomes from stakeholder engagement into written products to be disseminated among diverse audiences.
* Master’s degree in agriculture, business, communications, engineering, international development, or relevant field required;
* Minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant experience required, including proven experience convening/mobilizing public and private stakeholders toward common goals;
* Experience with agriculture, agricultural technology, machine learning, and/or remote sensing data and applications preferred;
* Experience in India is a plus;
* Ability to travel on internationally on short notice for up to two weeks at a time; and
* Fluent English required; knowledge of Hindi or other languages is a plus
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.