NEPA Project Coordinator – Offshore Wind and Other Renewable Energy Projects
ICF is seeking a project coordinator for National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) projects to support our growing offshore wind portfolio. ICF provides environmental planning, policy, permitting, and other services to clients. We prepare Environmental Impact Statements (EISs) and Environmental Assessments for complex and often controversial projects nationwide, including energy, transportation, and other infrastructure projects and regulatory programs. We manage environmental review processes that include consultation with regulatory agencies; public involvement; analysis of environmental, cultural, safety, socioeconomic, and other impacts, and specification of measures to mitigate adverse impacts. Our clients include numerous federal, state, and international agencies and private companies.
Our staff work on the most current and important issues facing the nation including renewable energy projects and management of land use, water, recreation, and other resources. Staff in this position may provide a range of services including:
- Federal, state, and local permitting and compliance for renewable and traditional energy, transmission, aviation, and other projects in compliance with NEPA, and other regulations.
- Federal agency headquarters environmental support, including NEPA compliance.
- Management of technical services including biological surveys and studies, air quality analysis, noise impact assessments and other resource-related studies across a range of disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in natural or physical science, public policy, economics, environmental management, or related subjects.
- 3+ years of environmental consulting experience (for government or private sector clients) with clients in the natural resources, energy, transportation, and related infrastructure and federal market sectors.
- 1+ years of experience preparing NEPA documents and environmental permitting.
- Experience supporting project management teams.
- Experience with developing and maintaining project schedules, budgets, and experience writing proposals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Teams) and any project specific software programs.
- Builds knowledge of the business and applies understanding of ICF markets and capabilities to day-to-day responsibilities.
- Sets challenging and measurable and sustainable goals in collaboration with manager(s).
- Identifies and meets the needs of clients within established guidelines.
- Understands task expectations and how tasks fit in the overall project.
- Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals.
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range – There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$31,874.00 – $54,186.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)