Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Natural Resource Manager/Land Tenure Specialist candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Activity in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. The purpose of the anticipated Activity is to improve resilience capacities in vulnerable households and communities to enable people, households and communities to escape poverty and chronic vulnerability. This project will be implemented in the DRC Resilience Focus Zone, which includes Ituri, North Kivu, South Kivu, and Tanganyika.
The Natural Resource Manager/Land Tenure Specialist candidate will be responsible for supporting technical activities focused on equitable and secure land access for women, youth, and communities. The Land Tenure Specialist will contribute to reports and overall contract requirements to ensure quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience in post-conflict and insecure environments as well as proven experience to implement complex programs in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Additionally, he/she should possess:
* Degree in a land tenure-related field, or appropriate social science, with a graduate degree preferred;
* Experience working with community leaders on land and resource-based conflict resolution including experience and knowledge of gender and customary tenure issues. Should demonstrate understanding of regional context regarding property disputes, formal and informal adjudication of land disputes, and conflict mediation;
* Experience in Ituri, North Kivu, South Kivu and Tanganyika or similar context strongly preferred;
* Experience with enhancing coordination among institutional stakeholders preferred and record of developing strong working relationships with counterparts;
* Excellent team-building and communication skills (e-mail, telephone, reports, public speaking);
* French language fluency (oral and written) is required. Proficiency in English is preferred;
* DRC nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.