RTI is seeking a Senior Natural Gas Specialist for an anticipated upcoming USAID energy project in the Philippines. This will be a senior level position, and candidates should have a proven track record of leadership and the ability to navigate complex political environments.
1. Overall goal: encouraging usage, building frameworks, building infrastructure, and encouraging importation of LNG
2. Provide technical guidance to the Government of the Philippines (GOP) in the development of policy on the transmission, distribution and supply of natural gas;
3. Assist in the technical evaluation of existing natural gas power plants as the country aims to develop its LNG facilities;
4. Improve integration of gas-to-power into grid;
5. Promote cross-border gas trade of the ASEAN through the country’s active participation in the development of regional frameworks and guidelines;
6. Expand regional market for imported natural gas;
7. Evaluate other alternative sources of natural gas beyond Malampaya;
8. Support efforts to turn the Philippines into a hub for LNG
• Minimum Master’s degree in economics, engineering, business management, law or other relevant discipline.
• Minimum of 10 years’ of relevant experience in the power sector with a focus on public policy, sector regulation, utility turnaround and improvement, and IPPs with a preference for experience in the Philippines and/or Southeast Asia;
• Strong preference that are currently based in the Philippines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent leadership, coordination, and organizational awareness skills
• Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization: and ability to coordinate activities with officials from host country government, US Government, NGO’s, and other agencies;
• Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
• Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
• English language proficiency