PATH is currently seeking a qualified National Registries Lead for an upcoming CDC-funded program, “Health Information System Development, Project Management and Coordinated Deployment for National HIV and Health Sector Systems in the Republic of Tanzania under the Global Health Security Agenda and under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to increase the ability of information systems to support high quality patient centered services, data quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and emerging health sector objectives. The project will work closely with the Government of Tanzania and health system stakeholders to organize the building, implementation, and scale up of Tanzania’s HIS and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic decision-making.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. International development and global health represent one of the greatest opportunities for the impact of digital technologies on a global scale. New technologies, approaches and tools are emerging daily, unfortunately into a fragmented and immature digital health market landscape that currently limits their promise to transform country health systems and accelerate and amplify progress towards national and global health goals.
The National Registries Lead will play a key role in leading enhancements and integration of national registries with other systems. They will be responsible for providing technical support to bring about the successful completion of milestones and objectives per the project workplan and deliverables, in coordination with all project stakeholders and partners.
Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
- Ensure that technical quality and standards are maintained during project implementation.
- Work with HIS stakeholders to understand the requirements for registries and analyze any requirement discrepancies identified.
- Lead enhancements and integration of national registries with identified HIS by interacting and collaborating with stakeholders and software developers.
- Lead deployment efforts by coordinating vendors and stakeholders of the registry systems.
- Coordinate system testing efforts by providing timely written and verbal technical expertise and test plans for new feature/software releases and conducting unit testing of new feature/software before release.
- Assist in the development and enforcement of system architectural decisions and development standards, in alignment with GoT designated architecture and standards.
- Manage vendor/service provider relationships and service level expectations associated with the development and expansion of digital registries in Tanzania