PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
We are seeking a National Newborn and Child Health Advisor for a five-year USAID-funded Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAHN) Activity in Laos. In this Activity, JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), in the partnership with PATH and World Education, Inc. (WEI), are poised to support the Government of Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR) to improve priority maternal and child health and nutrition outcomes among the most underserved populations in targeted areas. This will be achieved through a health system strengthening approach to ensure quality of services and equitable access.
The National Newborn and Child Health Advisor will report directly to the Technical Director of the project and PATH Southeast Asia (SEA) Hub Director, under the technical guidance of PATH Primary Health Care (PHC) team at head-quarter (HQ) and SEA Hub. The incumbent will be responsible for providing knowledge and share practices based on evidence-based study and best emerging practices. S/he will work closely with project team and Laos healthcare stakeholders to ensure that the project’s programs are technically sound and reflect global and national standards. This role will manage PATH staffs working for child and newborn health areas under this consortium.
- Actively participate in building and coordinating partnership with Ministry of Health (MOH) partners, ensure Laos’s national priorities are considered during the project’s overall workplan development and implementation.
- Advocate, cooperate with MOH partners in developing policies, national guidelines.
- Work closely with project teams in improving quality management, to integrate quality standards in newborn and child health interventions and lead measurement of related quality indicators.
- Provide technical leadership and develop tools and resources to inform the design, development, planning, and capacity building of newborn and child health and nutrition programs and initiatives.
- Lead building capacity of targeted MOH, Provincial Health Office (PHO), District Health Center (DHC) staffs in governance and management, multi-sectoral coordination and core technical competencies of newborn and child health.
- Provide supervision and support for newborn and child health staffs including National Specialists and Provincial, District Officers.
- Coordinate and support the to prepare and submit reports on newborn and child health activities in a timely manner.
- Initiate and/or participate in program portfolio development of PATH regional office of Southeast Asia in Lao PDR.
- Any other duties as assigned by the project COP and PATH SEA Hub Director.