International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: National Evaluation Advisor
Reports To: Evaluation Team Leader
Type: Regular, Full-Time
Classification: This is an exempt-level, managerial position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
IBTCI is currently seeking a National Evaluation Advisor for the anticipated USAID/Cambodia Mid-term Performance Evaluation of the Cambodia Malaria Elimination Project (CMEP). This will be a Key Personnel local-hire position based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia open to locals only. The total estimated time required for the evaluation is 40 days over an approximate period of four months. The award is expected to be granted at the end of February and work to start in March 2020. The purpose of this mid-term performance evaluation is to assess activity implementation performance to date, identify key bottlenecks and constraints, and make actionable recommendations for improvements needed to meet the activity’s intended objectives. Findings from the evaluation will be used to provide feedback to USAID/Cambodia, the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), the national malaria program, partners, and relevant stakeholders on the successes of the activity, areas for improvement, and any course corrections required for the remainder of the project. S/he will support the Evaluation Team Leader in designing, planning and implementing the evaluation, including quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis. In addition, s/he will ensure contextual relevance of the design and implementation of the evaluation. The National Evaluation Advisor must have experience in gender analysis in order to ensure integration of gender in responding to each evaluation question as appropriate.
*Note: This is a position for a proposal and is contingent upon award. This position is open to Cambodian Nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Finalize and negotiate with USAID/Cambodia the mid-term evaluation work plan;
- Establish assessment team roles, responsibilities, and tasks;
- Facilitate the team planning meeting;
- (With Logistics/Program Assistant) Ensure that logistical arrangements in the field are complete;
- Manage data collection team coordination meetings in-country and ensure that team members are working to schedule;
- Coordinate the process of assembling individual inputs/findings for the evaluation report;
- Finalize the evaluation report;
- Lead the preparation and presentation of key evaluation findings and recommendations to USAID/Cambodia and relevant stakeholders;
- Participate in training and pre-testing;
- Participate in the field during data collection for a minimum of 50% of the time required in the field; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of international best practices on project design, implementation, evaluation and learning, as well as excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Experience leading the design, implementation, analysis and reporting for a performance evaluation is preferred.
- Evidence of advanced evaluation design and advanced statistical analysis, and fluency with a statistical software package.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting institutional-, health facility- and population-based inquiries, assessments and surveys, including using appropriate methodologies (e.g., quasi-experimental designs).
- The capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience in M&E procedures (program monitoring, evaluation and/or research) and implementation.
- Experience assessing, monitoring and/or evaluating health programs – malaria programs in Cambodia is preferred.
- Experience in design and implementation of evaluations and/or assessments.
- Strong knowledge, skills, and experience in qualitative and quantitative analytic tools.
- Experience implementing and coordinating others to implement surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups, observations and other evaluation and assessment methods that assure reliability and validity of the data.
- Experience in data management.
- Able to analyze quantitative and qualitative data, which will be primarily descriptive statistics, cross-tabulations, and triangulation.
- Experience using statistical analytic software.
- Able to review, interpret and reanalyze as needed existing data pertinent to the evaluation.
- Demonstrated data interpretation and presentation skills.
- Experience working in Asia and/or Southeast Asia is required, and experience in Cambodia is highly desirable.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Local hire.
- Demonstrated experience writing evaluation and/or assessment reports.
- Familiarity with USAID policies and practices
- Evaluation Policy
- Results Frameworks
- Performance monitoring plans
Education: Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, Social Studies, or another related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, but will require field travel.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Domestic and international travel may be required and may include travel to fragle and/or conflict-prone zones.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.