The “Pro-poor Growth and Promotion of Employment in Nigeria Programme” – SEDIN is
commissioned to address the high un- and underemployment in Nigeria. Acknowledging the
central role of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) in employment creation,
SEDIN aims at improving the employment and income situation of MSMEs by improving the
business enabling environment, increasing access to financial and business services,
enhancing entrepreneurial and management skills, and strengthening MSMEs in selected
value chains (VCs).
The objectives of the project therefore include:
1)to support institutions capable of implementing SEDIN’s entrepreneurial trainings (face-to-face and online) to MSMEs in selected VCs in Niger, Ogun and Plateau States;
2)to improve market linkages and access to business/financial services for the MSMEs trained by the partner institutions; and
3)to design and implement a viable business model for the supported partner institutions
to ensure that the entrepreneurial trainings and additional business development
services are institutionalized.
Tasks of the National Capacity Development Experts (3 experts respectively based in Abeokuta or Jos or Minna):
- Conduct capacity development of partner institutions (i.a. training of trainers, business model implementation, establishing linkages to additional business development services).
- Foster strong, collaborative relationships with partner institutions and additional business development service providers.
- Oversee implementation of trainings and provision of additional business development services to MSMEs by partner institutions and ensure all activities are planned and delivered according to GIZ standards
- University degree (bachelor’s/master’s) in business administration, economics.
- Knowledge of English, C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Knowledge of one local language in Ogun State or Plateau State or Niger State, C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- 7 years of professional experience in entrepreneurship and MSME development.
- 4 years of professional experience in capacity development and/or learner-centred training methodologies and coaching.
- 2 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company.
- 3 years of experience working on Development Cooperation
Florence Coantic Coantic@gfa-group.de