Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Municipal Finance Specialist candidates for the Communities Thrive program. The USAID/WBG Communities Thrive project focuses on 55 municipalities located in the West Bank and aims to improve municipal revenue streams and fiscal management of local government units (LGUs), increase the accountability and transparency of local governments, enhance delivery and management of the municipal services and the effectiveness of local governments’ operations, and improve the regulatory and policy framework for municipal governance.
In close coordination with program colleagues, the Municipal Finance Specialist (LEDS) will play a leading role in designing and implementing the program’s efforts in designing and directing municipal financial management improvement efforts in the targeted municipalities. The position will support Palestinian municipalities in the development of financial management capacity improvement efforts, implementation of new automated financial management software systems, improvements in revenue collection efforts, and the introduction and conversion to new accounting standards.
S/he will report to the Component Team Leader. The position is based in the Ramallah office with travel as needed within the West Bank.
* Responsible for providing technical leadership for program delivery in the areas of improved accounting and financial capacity in the municipalities, improved revenue collection efforts, sustained quality improvement, conversion to new computerized accounting systems, conversion to new accounting systems, and implementation of cost accounting systems and procedures;
* In coordination with other colleagues, manage day-to-day liaison activities as needed and maintain relationships with Palestinian counterparts and implementing partners as related to accounting and financial management operations in the municipalities;
* Provide technical assistance to the project in the technical areas related to improved municipal revenues and financial management in accordance with the contract statement of work (SOW) and approved work plan;
* Develop and direct mentoring and training activities and skill development in financial management and revenue management activities to municipal staff;
* Assist in developing materials for training and management skills development;
* Lend expertise to quality assurance and quality control of related technical activities.
* Ensure that relevant technical elements of the work plans are being successfully implemented;
* Ensure subcontractor recipients meet their technical deliverables in close coordination with the Component Team Leader and other colleagues;
* Provide inputs for the drafting of the project monthly and quarterly reports for USAID, as well as drafting other project updates and work plans as requested by the direct supervisor, the COP or DCOP;
* Support the component team leader in ensuring that USAID and Tetra Tech rules and regulations are followed and that contract deliverable requirements are met; and
* Provide support to the Monitoring and evaluation team.
* At least 7 years of experience preferably in accounting and financial management, with a preference to experience with government accounting;
* Demonstrated ability to interact regularly and professionally with senior host- government, local government and private sector counterparts on policy and other strategic planning issues;
* A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Public Policy, or related field;
* At least five years of progressively responsible supervisory experience, including direct supervision and performance evaluation of staff;
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the company;
* Experience on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred;
* Requires an ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information;
* Must also be able to foster supportive working relationship among all staff;
* Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word; and
* Fluent in Arabic, excellent English speaking and writing skills.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
* Employee Biographical Data Sheet
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.