Chemonics seeks middle to senior-level specialists for the anticipated USAID/Kosovo Social Contract Activity. The Social Contract Activity will introduce sustainable practices for public participation in order to improve Kosovo citizens’ quality of life and strengthen their partnership with the municipal government. We are looking for candidates that have had experience in local governance, social inclusion, civic participation, and civil society institutional strengthening programming. All positions will be based in Pristina, Kosovo. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
We are recruiting for middle to senior level capacity building specialists with experience in the following areas:
- Municipal public administration
- Municipal public outreach and strategic communications
- Socio-economic project development and implementation
- Gender, youth, non-majority, under-served groups’ inclusion
- Civil society/community engagement and advocacy
- Organizational capacity building
- Private sector engagement
We are also recruiting for middle to senior-level program operations specialists with experience in the following areas:
- Finance and accounting
- Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Human resources and operations
- Donor-funded project financial management and accounting
- Grants, subcontracts, procurement management
Illustrative qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in public administration or other related relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years relevant experience in strengthening public accountability, improving community civic engagement, strengthening local governance, or capacity development in technical areas as listed above.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with counterparts within the Government of Kosovo, civil society organizations, private sector, donor programs or local media.
- Strong experience in capacity development, training, and mentoring.
- Experience with procurement procedures, grants management, and office operations while ensuring compliance with all rules and regulations
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English required; fluency in Albanian and/or Serbian language is required.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to KosovoSocialContract@Chemonics.com no later than May 28, 2021. Please indicate relevant specialist area in the subject line.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.