Chemonics seeking a multi-media communications specialist for an anticipated education project in Kenya. The Connectivity for Learning project aims to strengthen the Government of Kenya’s (GOK) education system to ensure that all classroom environments are high quality, inclusive, and focused on the learning of foundational literacy skills. The activity will also aim to expand its distance learning programming toward more digitally relevant and impactful online learning solutions that are accessible to all students, especially children in the early primary grades. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The MCS will lead strategic communications work across a range of target audiences to support behavioral change with key stakeholders, sustainability of implementation activities, dissemination of lessons learned and key research findings with relevant communities of practice; provide overall strategic management of program communications initiatives and campaigns; prepare quarterly reports; and provide creative ideas for using communications tools to improve the effectiveness of component activities. The Multi-media Communications Specialist develops and implements multimedia content and information technology-based multimedia products, support social media efforts including developing graphic design concepts, including photography, videos, and other impactful imagery, posting content on social media platforms.
- 5 years of experience leading and performing communications activities for donor-funded programs
- Demonstrated experience drafting reports and/or impact stories for program activities
- Ensure compliance of all project materials to USAID branding/marketing guidelines, including program coordination where necessary
- Support the development of program materials and templates (project one-pager, brochure, banner, report templates, project success stories, videos and other information materials).
- Knowledge of strategic communications, marketing, public relations, and the latest communication trends
- Provide high quality translation of correspondence, reports, and communications materials, including fact sheets, press releases, success stories, leaflets, brochures etc.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required
Please send your CV and cover letter to the email address KenyaRead@chemonics.onmicrosoft.com. In the subject line please indicate the position title to which you are applying. Finalists will be contacted. The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, July 30, 2021. For more information on Chemonics, please visit http://www.chemonics.com
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.