SI is seeking two Monitoring Systems Specialists (Consultants) to support the DQAs, especially interviewing implementing partner staff and taking detailed notes, reviewing monitoring database documentation, and analyzing monitoring systems and data to complete a DQA checklist. The Consultants will work under the guidance of a remote Team Leader to conduct the DQA process and make sure all necessary administrative requirements are fulfilled, including scheduling and organizing documents.
Each position will require 45 days of LOE from March 1, 2021 through June 2021. If travel is considered COVID-safe, the team will follow local government safety protocols to conduct site visits of implementing partner (IP) organizations in/around Vientiane as well as overnight visits (from 2 – 3 days each) to other provinces such as Xieng Khouang and Savannakhet. All travel-related costs will be covered, including per diem.
This position must be based in Laos. Please do not apply if you are not Laos-based.
- Work under the direction of the Team Leader to schedule meetings and request and organize documentation.
- Use DQA tools to conduct observations and interviews in person with USAID IPs.
- Work under the direction of the Team Leader to analyze data and contribute to DQA reporting.
- Participate in findings presentations, contributing to recommendations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, in a field related to development.
- 5+ years’ experience overseeing the monitoring systems of international development programs; experience working with USAID-funded programming will be considered a plus.
- Highly knowledgeable about data management systems and data quality assurance processes; experience designing project MEL systems preferred.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, conducting qualitative interviews preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Based in Laos and willing to travel within the country for short periods of time.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Laos required for at least one specialist.