SI is seeking a full-time Monitoring Specialist to support the deeper use of monitoring, evaluation and other types of data to support learning and improve performance across the implementation portfolio of USAID in Vietnam. The Monitoring Specialist will work closely with USAID-funded Implementing Partners offering ongoing technical capacity building support and advisory services, and lead on the review of partner Monitoring and Learning Plans (MELPs) and conducting ongoing Data-Quality-Assessments and reviews. The Specialist will work closely with all other MEL team members as well as the Capacity-Building team to achieve more strategic engagements and sustainable results.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply**
- Conduct the review new Activity MELPs submitted USAID, and offer related technical support to help implementing partners (IPs) achieve qualitative results whenever helpful/required;
- Conduct ongoing DQAs based on USAID compliance needs and offer related technical support to help IPs to achieve better results whenever required;
- Ongoing capacity building and technical advisory support to IPs on the deeper use of monitoring, evaluation and other types of data-use to support learning and improve performance across the implementation portfolio of USAID in Vietnam – in alignment with USAID Learns’ technical approach to collaboration and organizational learning;
- Offer ongoing technical advice to IPs, Learns team and USAID on how to improve data-quality, data-use and monitoring practices that are evidence-based, collaborative and adaptive;
- Actively contribute to the development of new training materials and curriculum, guidance materials and any platform or tools supporting Learns’ overall project goals; Actively support or lead training sessions whenever relevant which could include for example: the design data collection forms, the develop activity indicators, the development of activity MEL Plans, program dashboards, and how to prepare for DQAs.
- Actively contribute to the identification of capacity-gaps and ways in which Learns may be more helpful or effective in its engagements with USAID, IPs or other external actors such as the government of Vietnam;
- Actively contribute to or lead on assignments designed to improve data-use, monitoring, learning and evidence-based management practices, while continuously coordinating with other team members;
- Provide technical assistance in a variety of other complementary areas such as:
- compliance with USAID regulation.
- the design of information system, database, data flow & analysis
- how to promote a data use culture
- visualization of data
- knowledge management in support of data-use
- Plan and manage deliverables and ongoing assignments in a timely and compliant manner including associated team calendar updates, progress reports, travel arrangements, training sessions, coordination and learning events; Ensure that all expected tasks and deliverables are achieved on time and of high quality.
- Contribute to ongoing Learns monitoring and presentation of data findings and conclusions; analysis of data with input from team members; and drafting monitoring reports and presentations
- Other tasks as may apply.
- Education: Masters’ degree is strongly preferred; an Undergraduate University degree is required;
- At least five years of professional experience coordinating or leading on monitoring related work;
- Experience working with USAID-funded activities and demonstrated knowledge of USAID monitoring policies and practices;
- Must have knowledge of monitoring and data systems; A demonstrated deep knowledge of monitoring methods and their practical applications;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in development of M&E tools, data analysis, data use, and data quality assessment is required;
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software such as: Excel, Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata and other relevant platform is preferred;
- Strong background in quantitative research design and analysis is preferred;
- Must have exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills; Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills;
- Fluency in English required.
The closing date for application: May 10, 2020. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.