Status: Full time
Based in: Mexico City
Prosperity Fund Mexico – Energy Strand
Funded by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the objective of the Energy Strand is to transform Mexico’s economy through energy-driven low-carbon growth, poverty reduction and generation of new market opportunities. The Strand aims to create this more sustainable and inclusive energy sector by creating a larger pipeline of skilled, internationally certified female and male workers, market-ready female and male-owned small and medium enterprises (SMEs), connected, robust local supply chains, and technically proficient female and male regulators who uphold international standards.
DAI has a four-year contract to deliver the Prosperity Fund Mexico Energy Strand Programme. Over the course of the next three years, DAI will establish 3 locally-run Enterprise Development Centres (EDCs) that will offer targeted workforce skills development, international certifications, apprenticeships, small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) accelerator programs, mentorship, capacity building for energy regulators through trainings, and government-to-government exchanges. The ultimate goal of these Centres is to leverage local content in the Mexican energy sector to create sustainable energy practices, foster cross-sectoral socio-economic development, and generate new market opportunities.
We are looking for one driven and highly organised Analyst to support the team with technical analyses, stakeholder engagement, programme design and delivery, and project management. This position will be full time beginning in March 2019.
The Analyst will work closely with the Team Leader, Deputy Team Leader and other team specialists.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Project Management:
- Support the Team Leader with the coordination of programme activities (state visits, technical stakeholder workshops, launch events, etc) and monitor programme progress and deliverables
- Set up meetings with the client, partners and external stakeholders, and provide logistical/operational support
- Attend meetings, take minutes, circulate meeting briefs and follow-up action points with the Deputy Team Leader
- Facilitate information sharing amongst the core Mexico-based leadership team, DAI’s teams in the UK and USA, and relevant programme partners
- Create and maintain comprehensive programme documentation, including maintaining electronic and hard-copy databases and filing systems
- Liaise with the Finance and Operations Team to ensure successful programme delivery
- Comply with DAI ethics, safeguarding and security policies and procedures
2. Technical Delivery and Data Analytics:
- Conduct desk-top market research and stakeholder mapping
- Draft, review, edit, and format reports, briefs and PPT decks for technical and administrative programme activities (ex: written brief documenting a stakeholder forum, support coordination with relevant stakeholders, or a PPT deck with the outputs of an industrial baseline study)
- Work with Team Lead, Programme Specialists and DAI Technical specialists to conduct industrial baseline studies and workforce gap assessments that include interviews, data collection, and quantitative analysis
3. Knowledge Management and Product Development
- Contribute in a supporting role to development and maintenance of marketing material and knowledge management products (ex: one-page brochure for local oil and gas suppliers detailing upcoming course offerings and/or updating Programme website content)
- Under the supervision and direction of the Team Leader coordinate the efforts of external consultants and assist in developing marketing content
- Support Team Leader in the preparation of presentation materials related to the execution of the project
- Manage the Programme’s technical library by ensuring information is updated, relevant and easily accessible.
- Interest in the Mexican energy sector (oil and gas and clean/renewable energies)
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar position in Mexico (data analytics, energy sector, government, international development, think tank, consulting, etc)
- Excellent organisational skills, proactivity and the ability to work under pressure and comply with tight deadlines
- A team player with a positive “can do” attitude that reflects DAI’s core principals of integrity, responsibility, excellence and global citizenship
- Able to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment, whilst maintaining effectiveness
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Political Science, Business Management, Economics, Engineering, etc.); Masters degree preferred
- Availability to take on this assignment in a short notice
- Knowledge of statistical management tools such as R or STATA are preferred
Please note that all profiles are indicative only and therefore subject to change.