About Social Impact
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the new USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff P knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
SI is seeking a part-time Monitoring Officer to support the USAID Mission to implement and adopt the Development Information Solution (DIS) and M&E related matters. The DIS manages USAID’s portfolio to capture one cohesive development story – from strategy to results – for internal and external stakeholders. DIS is used by every mission, bureau and independent office in the Agency to improve business and operational efficiencies and facilitate evidence-based decision making. The Monitoring Officer will work closely with USAID-funded Implementing Partners offering technical supports on the actual implementation of DIS. The Monitoring Officer will work closely with other MEL team members to achieve more strategic engagements and sustainable results.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese residents will be eligible to apply.**
- Work with the Mission MEL Specialist to review and update Activities, required indicators in DIS platform
- Communicate and provide technical assistance to Implementing Partners to comply with the reporting requirement in DIS
- Offer ongoing technical advice to Implementing Partners to address DIS related questions / issues shop
- Participate and support the DIS trainings conducted by USAID Learns
- Provide one-on-one coaching/support for new IPs to use DIS
- Conduct data review and analysis under the leadership of the Mission MEL Specialist
- Other duties as requested by the MEL Specialist
- Education: Master’s degree is strongly preferred; an Undergraduate University degree is required
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in monitoring related work
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software such as: Excel and other relevant platform is preferred;
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills;
- English: Level III (fluent) English ability for written and oral communication required.
The closing date for application: Sept 06, 2020. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration.