PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Since 2007, PATH has collaborated with Ethiopia’s Federal Ministry of Health (MoH), Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs), community groups, and other partners to strengthen the country’s public health systems and address the most pressing health threats, including malaria, tuberculosis, and vaccine-preventable disease. We implement high-impact, evidence-based, sustainable programs to support those most at risk.
PATH seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor for USAID-funded “Targeted and Tailored Support to Increase COVID-19 Vaccination” Project in Ethiopia. The project will support the government of Ethiopia in its endeavor to fully vaccinate 70 percent of the total population against COVID-19.
The MEL Advisor will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and reporting the project’s MEL plan, including developing appropriate performance indicators in line with USAID guidance and the FMOH COVID-19 vaccination implementation plan. The MEL Advisor will report directly to the project director and will take a leadership role in ensuring quality monitoring and evaluation of project activities. S/he will be responsible for contributing to the development and strengthening of project intervention strategies based on the effective use of data, and for coordinating reporting functions in line with deliverables and other requirements. S/he will closely work with project teams to design, model and test intervention approaches and validate the model that fits the context.
- Lead and provide overall technical guidance on project data collection, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Implement and monitor the performance monitoring plan covering activities to compile, analyze and present data for reporting project progress and outcome.
- Maintain and update the MEL activities on an ongoing basis and generate needed reports to meet donor and other stakeholder requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to MOH/Policy Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation (PPMED) for monitoring and improvement of COVID-19 data visualization and use for decision-making using COVID-19 DHIS2
- Proactively participate and contribute to discussions for the design and implementation of project activities.
- Provide capacity building on data quality and management to local NGOs partnering with the project implementation in each region
- Take on duties and responsibilities as assigned.