The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will ensure quality and accountability standards of the project are aligned with and integrated into the regular M& and KML of Country Office and of the Donor. The post provides technical assistance in the development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system for the project, develops the capacity of partners in monitoring and evaluation management, and promotes accountability and facilitates knowledge management and cross-learning internally and externally. The M&E Officer will ensure quality and accountability standards of the project are aligned with and integrated into the regular M&E and KML of the Country Office, and of the Project Donor. The post provides technical assistance in the development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system for the project, develops the capacity of partners in monitoring and evaluation management, and promotes accountability and facilitates knowledge management and cross-learning internally and externally.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Implement the project’s M&E Framework and facilitate contextualization and learning among partners and stakeholders.
- Designs and develops a monitoring and evaluation plan, in consultation with the project team and funding donor, that will measure the project’s deliverables based on the approved project log frame. The M&E system will also identify potential bottlenecks, as well as issues or hindrances encountered, at the course of project implementation.
- Following the M&E Plan and CMEP, support the design and conduct of baseline surveys, mid-term evaluations, specialized studies and final evaluations, including sampling methodology, data collection instruments, analysis, and report development.
- Assist in the development of plans ensuring that all project activities are based on logical and sound log frames and organizational standards.
- Build capacities of Partners in ensuring data integrity from collection to processing, analysis and utilization of data for accountability and program quality.
- Develop Database Management System and provide training and coaching for the CSOs.
- Ensure the participation tracker is instituted by the project team to determine regularity of child participation and identify children who needs to be followed up by the partners.
- Ensure that quality of data is generated and analyzed using gender and child protection lens.
- Support the development of Knowledge Management and Learning, harnessing new information technology resources for compilation, analysis, storage, and retrieval of data and knowledge for program development; provide technical assistance on data quality and integrity.
- Provides input to the annual reviews and reflections (e.g. Annual Participatory Review and Reflection) of the partners and project stakeholders, including analyzing data trends towards objectives achievement. Facilitate cross-functional analysis of data to support organizational decision-making and learning.
- Identify program best practices and support development and production, sharing and learning among ChildFund and partners.
- Ensure that ChildFund reports and data for sharing with external stakeholders have been rigidly tested and passed acceptable standards.
- 3-5 years’ relevant and progressive work experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation in development organizations, children-focused programming preferably in an international non-government organization;
- Experience in strategic planning approaches, and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, and developing M&E and/or performance monitoring plans;
- Experience in M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory work with children and youth);
- Demonstrated skills in training and M&E capacity development of staff preferred/facilitation skills with proven ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations;
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues;
- Skills in participatory, and child- and youth-focused community organizing and development with a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for self-management;
- Self-guided, independent with strong facilitation, analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills;
- Above-average written and oral communication skills in English, fluency in a local language preferred; and
- High level of proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook), including practical knowledge of statistical and data management packages/applications.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field, or relevant social sciences discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience. Advanced degree plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics desirable.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.