|MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as Tirana-based MEL and strategic communications point of contact for the program.
• Provide vision and strategy on best practices in monitoring, evaluation and learning, including through the identification of gaps and delivering the appropriate coaching to increase capacity of project staff and partners.
• Develop and update MEL tools, strategies, practices and systems to improve the ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data in a manner that demonstrates impact, program accountability and partners’ progress.
• Support the development and implementation of a knowledge management and communication strategy to stimulate the use of evidence for learning, strategy and high-impact programming.
• Coordinate with colleagues from IFES HQ and CEPPS field team to reflect on experience to date and project monitoring data, and to identify innovative practices, key lessons learned and proposed adaptations to project design and plans.
• Contribute to and coordinate on MEL and strategic communications elements of monthly/quarterly reports, including those required and/or requested by the donor, with CEPPS partners.
• Lead coordination to draft donor reports, success stories, other outreach materials through the collection of input from other team members.
• Lead MEL input into annual workplans, PMPs, and other programmatic and donor materials.
• Assist with program design, knowledge of IFES, CEPPS and USAID systems, tools for project implementation and monitoring.
• Work with CEPPS’ MEL teams to design/determine program MEL approaches, including development of processes and tracking progress, and develop lessons learned.
• Work with CEPPS program staff as needed to develop external communications including, but not limited to, social media management, success stories, reports, and other materials that communicate lessons and successes and generate original submissions for social media posts, newsletters, blogs or related communications outlets.
• Support CEPPS program staff on effective methods for presenting and communicating program data and results.
• Support CEPPS program staff as needed during public events and serve as main outreach person for communicating event goals to stakeholders.
• Provide quality control over all project communications including, but not limited to, reports, case studies, presentations, success stories, media engagement (when appropriate) and online communications.
• When needed lead procurement of video or audio materials for communicating success
• Liaise with CEPPS’ home office communications teams to share photos, stories, and other material for website or newsletters.
• Work closely with local beneficiaries on building their MEL capacity.
• Other duties, as assigned.
POSITION SCOPE: Provide MEL and strategic communications support functions and perform moderately complex job duties requiring knowledge of program management, donor interface, and research and development initiatives. Contribute to program planning, development and management, especially regarding MEL approaches and external communications. Familiarity with IFES, CEPPS and USAID tools, methodology and best MEL practices. Manage work activities with internal and external partners to assure achievement of assigned objectives. Performance and outcomes are subject to management oversight.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING: Multi-factor decision-making requiring research and analysis, subject to supervisory guidance. Verify and analyze facts, consult with other departments as needed, then implement solutions based on knowledge of procedures, logic, and sound judgement. Initiate contact with staff in other departments to exchange detailed, substantive information and coordinate activities necessary to achieve work goals.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: No fiscal responsibility envisioned for this position.
RELATIONSHIPS: Develop and maintain collaborative relationships, which require highly-developed interpersonal skills, involving active listening, creativity and problem solving, to assure desired outcomes. Develop opportunities to improve working relationships and work outcomes with internal and external partners.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in international relations, political science, international development preferred.
Experience and Related Skills or Knowledge:: Minimum of 7 years of overall work experience relevant to designing and managing MEL activities in the international development sector or NGO sector, desirebly under USAID projects. Experience with MEL and strategic communications for a large single project or multiple small projects. Experience in drafting reports, workplans and other outreach materials.
Experience with MEL program design and project management. Knowledgeable on USAID based grant, cooperative agreement and/or contract regulations and procedures, particularly related to MEL and strategic communications. Experience writing program reports, summaries, success stories, press releases, graphic design, initiating story ideas and placement, and monitoring media coverage. Excellent written communication skills, including ability to craft engaging and informative pieces and edit documents in English. Strong digital communication and writing skills; comfortable writing compelling, consistently error-free copy for online audiences Familiarity with USAID as well as other international donors. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel required, data visualization tools, such as Tableau, preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in Albanian and English language required.
TRAVEL: Travel up to 10% of time.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment, with occasional field travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Note: This position is contingent upon donor approval and is open only to Albanian nationals.