Internews is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director for ongoing and potential USAID-funded media support projects in Myanmar. The M&E Director reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and collaborates with Regional M&E Manager in Bangkok to design and manage monitoring and evaluation of programs. The M&E Director will work with the Program Officers to collect data from activities and prepare regular reporting on M&E.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with the Chief of Party, Internews’ M&E staff, and local partners to design a reporting and M&E framework and systems
- Hold Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning check-ins with relevant staff members and use feedback to adapt the MEL plan and data collection systems accordingly.
- Manage and lead staff to effectively implement the MEL plan and manage the M&E reporting process
- Responsible for collecting, verifying, and reporting M&E data in compliance with USAID’s and Internews’ data quality standards.
- Develop internal tracking systems to maintain M&E data in an organized, secure, and easy-to-understand way.
- Monitor, review and ensure the quality of M&E data from Key Partners, mentors, grantees, and technical specialists.
- Input all required training and M&E data into USAID’s online systems as required by the project agreement.
- Support the design and implementation of baseline/midline assessments and other surveys according to the approved workplan.
- Assist the Chief of Party and other project staff in producing regular, timely and accurate narrative reports (including M&E data) per donor guidelines. Work closely with project and HQ staff to revise the reports as necessary.
- Coordinate with subgrantees to ensure their timely submission of monitoring and evaluation data and examples of project impact that meet Internews’ and donors standards for quality.
- Respond to requests from the donor and HQ staff about M&E data, methodologies, and examples of project impact from various target countries/partners promptly and accurately.
- Produce project communication materials and success stories as per donor requirements and Internews’ internal standards in conjunctoin with other project staff as required.
- Understanding of and demonstrating commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Progressively responsible experience in the field of performance measurement for social development activities and/or media. Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Proven experience managing teams with significant administrative oversight.
- Familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and M&E database systems. Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including USAID’s database systems.
- Experience with relevant M&E and communications software, such as Excel, SPSS, In-Design, Photoshop etc.
- Experience working with and providing technical and/or capacity building support to media outlets in Myanmar preferred
- Fluency in English and solid English writing skills, to a publishable standard.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff.
- Willingness to travel to project areas in different locations across the project target countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, development, or related field or equivalent standard of education. Master’s degree and/or professional training in M&E preferred.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.