Internews is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director for ongoing and potential USAID-funded media support projects in Myanmar. The M&E Director reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and collaborates with Regional M&E Manager in Bangkok to design and manage monitoring and evaluation of programs. The M&E Director will work with the Program Officers to collect data from activities and prepare regular reporting on M&E.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide leadership and direction on M&E to ensure the project achieves its goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Work with the Chief of Party, Internews’ M&E staff, and local partners to design and implement Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan to capture project performance and results
- Lead results reporting to USAID by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports as appropriate
- Use data to contribute towards strategic decision making and project planning
- Provide M&E capacity building training to relevant staff and local partners
- Hold Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning check-ins with relevant staff members and partners and use feedback to adapt the MEL plan and data collection systems accordingly.
- Responsible for collecting, verifying, and reporting M&E data in compliance with USAID’s and Internews’ data quality standards
- Develop internal tracking systems to maintain M&E data in an organized, secure, and easy-to-understand way.
- Monitor, review and ensure the quality of M&E data from Key Partners, mentors, grantees, and technical specialists.
- Input all required training and M&E data into USAID’s online systems as required by the project agreement.
- Support the design and implementation of baseline/midline assessments and other surveys according to the approved workplan.
- Assist the Chief of Party and other project staff in producing regular, timely and accurate narrative reports (including M&E data) per donor guidelines. Work closely with project and HQ staff to revise the reports as necessary.
- Coordinate with subgrantees to ensure their timely submission of monitoring and evaluation data and examples of project impact that meet Internews’ and donor standards for quality, detail and clarity.
- Respond to requests from the donor and HQ staff about M&E data, methodologies, and examples of project impact from various target countries/partners promptly and accurately.
- Produce project communications materials and success stories as per donor requirements and Internews’ internal standards in conjunction with other project staff as required.
- Understanding of and demonstrating commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- At least 5 years professional experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation for social development activities and/or media. Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Proven expertise in both qualitative and quantitative data collection and M&E database systems. Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including USAID’s framework and reporting system.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills.
- Experience with relevant M&E software, such as Excel, SPSS, Stata In-Design, Photoshop, etc.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, teambuilding, and coordination.
- Experience working with and providing technical and/or capacity building support to media outlets in Myanmar preferred
- Fluency in English and solid English writing skills, to a publishable standard.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff.
- Willingness to travel to project areas in different locations across the project target countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, development, or related field or equivalent standard of education. Master’s degree and/or professional training in M&E preferred.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.