MONITORING, EVALUATION, AND LEARNING (MEL) COORDINATOR
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute providing research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients worldwide. The Food Security and Agriculture division within the International Development Group is implementing the USAID-funded Feed the Future Facilitate Investment Required For Sustainable ExporT (FTF FIRST) activity in Rwanda. FTF FIRST is a five-year program that will work with and through the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to boost economic growth by increasing export of the country’s high-value agricultural crops such as coffee, tea, fresh beans, peppers, and chili.
- The MEL Coordinator is responsible for supporting implementation of the FTF FIRST Activity’s M&E systems and procedures. The Coordinator will support data collection and analysis, including the development of information systems and program indicators.
- The MEL Coordinator reports to the MEL Advisor.
- Support MEL Advisor with development of the Activity MEL Plan (AMELP), including indicators, baseline data, and results.
- Regularly review and update the project’s AMELP as needed, working with the MEL Advisor.
- Maintain the Project’s M&E system to measure specific project targets, including the development of performance indicators, milestones and baseline conditions.
- Ensures successful implementation of performance monitoring plan.
- Prepare data tabulations, reports, and presentations to support project activities;
- Analyze monitoring data to derive lessons for improvement and make recommendations.
- Submit project produced data to the Development Data Library (DDL) in a timely and accurate manner, consistent with USAID and RTI requirements.
- Assist with the collection, analysis, and reporting on performance indicators by other
- team members and Activity counterparts.
- In collaboration with the MEL Advisor, prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports on the status of Activity implementation; contribute to other Activity reports such as annual work plans.
- Produces performance monitoring reports describing progress made against agreed upon indicators.
- In collaboration with the MEL Advisor, manage project results reporting and management with input from COP and technical staff.
- Support CLA by collating learning and coordinating quarterly pause and reflect sessions and annual events with stakeholders.
- Develops standardized reporting, performance monitoring, and evaluation among partners.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year of experience equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with M&E and CLA approaches preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and facilitate collaborative learning.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills with fluency in English required.
- English proficiency