PATH seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Technical Lead for an upcoming global USAID-funded Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services to Scale project. The project’s overarching goal is to sustainably strengthen routine immunization programs to 1) overcome the entrenched obstacles contributing to stagnating and declining immunization rates in MNCH/FP/RH priority
countries; and 2) address the barriers to reaching zero-dose and under-immunized children with
life-saving vaccines and other health services. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the disruption of immunization services as a result, the project will also support countries with the maintenance, adaptation, suspension and/or reinstatement of immunization services. The project will provide technical assistance to adapt immunization delivery strategies, support strategies for tracking and follow-up of individuals who missed vaccinations, assess immunity gaps, and re-establish community trust and demand for vaccination.
The MEL Technical Lead will provide overall strategic technical leadership for the MEL component of the project with a heavy emphasis on learning and adaptation, and the use of data and evidence at global and national levels to inform timely decision-making. They will work collaboratively with USAID technical teams and relevant global, regional, and country actors to advance and inform policy dialogue and facilitate uptake of state-of-the-art technical approaches in country programs. The MEL Technical Lead will report to the Project Director and will preferably be based in the Washington, DC.
Position is contingent upon award to PATH and USAID approval of the candidate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Informed by Gavi 5.0 and IA2030, develop MEL plan to compile, analyze and present data for reporting of program progress and impact, including approaches for performance, context, and complementary monitoring, as well as approaches to measure the impact of COVID-19 on immunization programs.
- Establish baseline for indicators in the MEL plan using existing data sources and conduct special studies as needed.
- With the Adaptive Learning technical advisor, co-lead the development of the adaptive learning and use of evidence strategy and activities based on user needs.
- Develop rapid evaluation and/or implementation research approaches and tools to facilitate timely and rigorous assessment of new data collection and digital health innovations for immunization programs, particularly in the context of COVID-19.
- With other team members, develop project approaches to support data quality improvement.
- Develop suitable dissemination materials for sharing project related results.
- Support operationalization of the evaluation and performance measurement plan by developing and managing an M&E system and Data Management Plan (DMP) to serve as a repository of all project related M&E data.
- Routinely monitor the implementation of country and project specific M&E plans and support the field staff in effectively carrying out planned activities
- Maintain and update the M&E system on an ongoing basis and generate needed reports to meet donor and other stakeholder requirements.
- Oversee data collection and monitoring activities at the target counties by the project.
- Contribute to global technical leadership related to MEL of immunization programs, particularly in the context of COVID-19.