Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist, USAID Global Health Professional and Organizational Development Program (GHPOD) II, Arlington, VA
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for the Global Health Professional and Organizational Development II (GHPOD II) project. The purpose of GHPOD II is to strengthen USAID health sector staff capacity to lead and manage health programs by providing resources, sharing knowledge, building capacity, managing performance, and maximizing learning opportunities. GHPOD II provides organizational development, professional development and coaching to USAID health sector staff worldwide — at headquarters and in missions overseas.
The MEL Specialist provides technical support and guidance in support of GHPOD II project activities and objectives. S/he will work in conjunction with the Program Director, colleagues and consultants at GHPOD II, the project COR and his team, and others within USAID. The MEL Specialist reports to the Program Director (functionally) and to a Senior Organizational Development Advisor (administratively). This is a full-time position. The MEL Specialist does not have a supervisory role. S/he will mentor other staff managing data collection. There are no travel requirements. The expected start date is on/around July 15, 2018.
- Implement and improve MEL processes.
- Develop, test and implement efficient and high-quality data collection tools and methods.
- Maintain ongoing monitoring dataset(s)/ databases for MEL and other project needs.
- Lead data collection and analysis efforts.
- Oversee data security for collected client information.
- Prepare detailed program reports, including quarterly progress reports, annual reports, and other ad hoc reports.
- Help to develop program recommendations based on analysed data.
- Create opportunities to discuss learning opportunities from results.
- Support the further integration of MEL and continuous quality improvement efforts into PD, OD and Coaching.
- Mentor staff managing data collection.
The Specialist should be a professional with the following qualifications.
Required qualifications are:
- A master’s degree or higher in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 20 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation focused on adult learning, organizational development, and/or coaching.
- Training and fluency in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Expertise in MS Office Suite – notably MS Excel.
- Experience with Google Drive and its related applications (e.g. Sheets, Docs, Forms, etc.).
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- A sample of data visualization will be requested.
Desired qualifications are:
- Experience working with / supporting senior decision-makers.
- Familiarity with USAID Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) framework.
- Familiarity with the USAID Evaluation Competencies for Evaluation Specialists.
- Proficiency in an additional language(s).
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.