The MEL Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of updating and ensuring the full and correct implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (MELP). This includes updating annual targets, overseeing special studies, and managing the data collection and analysis process. The MEL Specialist will collect reliable, timely and relevant project-level data and generate statistics that provide insight into progress achieved and areas where more effort may be required to meet project objectives and targets. The MEL specialist will also lead learning processes, and work closely with technical staff, providing them with regular feedback on the quality of MEL data. S/he will work closely with all project staff and coordinate closely with other USAID implementing partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Update the MEL plan and ensure full implementation by project staff.
* Develop systems and tools to collect, aggregate and analyze project performance data.
* Develop and train project personnel on data collection forms and methods.
* Ensure that data has been accurately collected, recorded and stored.
* Provide project management with regular reports on project performance and work plan targets.
* Assist in the preparation of regular reports to the client (quarterly, annual, final) and respond to requests for information.
* Lead data quality assessments (DQA).
* Prepare presentations on project results for internal and external use.
* Consolidate and coordinate the development and implementation of project workplans.
* Coordinate special studies and undertake research, as necessary, from secondary sources for triangulation of results and input to the project learning agenda.
* Supervise, motivate and empower the MEL staff and team.
* University degree or higher in demography, statistics, agriculture, and/or rural development;
* Demonstrated ability to design and manage M&E systems for development projects;
* A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in international development, including three years’ experience in data collection and analysis, preferably for a USAID contract;
* Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc; and
* English and French proficiency required. Swahili language skills are a plus.
* Detail oriented, curious and innovative;
* Ability to prioritize tasks and ensure adherence to required policies and protocols;
* Ability to work as part of a team, and to collaborate with others to achieve results; and
* Ability to clearly and effectively articulate MEL principles and results to a wide audience.
* Experience in mobile data collection design; and
* Database experience and proficiency in analytical programs such as SPSS and STATA.
* Only Congolese nationals are eligible for this position; women and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.