We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist
Department/Location: Aden, Yemen
Reports To: Operations Manager (OM)
Technical reporting line to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is an exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime
Overview: IBTCI is seeking an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist to support the Yemen Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Project (YMELP), a USAID third-party monitoring (TPM) and verification contract based in Amman, Jordan. The purpose of this contract is to monitor USAID humanitarian assistance and verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in Yemen.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review site visit monitoring reports, ensuring quality and consistency in report contents, context, and format, while verifying that reports are free of factual errors or incomplete information;
- Coordinate with subcontractors and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) to address concerns raised within the report review cycle, prior to submitting reports for further review by YMELP project personnel;
- On a monthly basis, and based on the reviewed site visit monitoring reports, summarize areas for improvement for each subcontractor and IP, as part of a learning and capacity building agenda;
- On a quarterly basis, meet or host a conference call with M&E focal points in each of the IP organizations to discuss TPM best practices, share feedback and present learning points generated from the site visit monitoring reports and overall lessons learned from other IPs (without the identification or naming of IPs during the meeting/call);
- Conduct quality control phone calls with field personnel and/or visits to project sites, under the technical guidance of the DCOP;
- Contribute to and/or conduct learning events, Data Quality Assessment (DQA) tasks, and evaluation tasks, under the technical guidance of the DCOP;
- Participate, as appropriate, in sector specific or programmatic events held by IPs, subcontractors, or clusters.
- Represent YMELP in a professional manner with a positive attitude when engaging with IPs, subcontractors, and/or project stakeholders; and,
- Perform other duties and tasks as directed by the OM, Chief of Party (COP) and/or DCOP.
- Seven years of MEL experience, with demonstrable examples of training and capacity building experience;
- Experience in the writing and reviewing of M&E reports;
- Previous experience in working on TPM projects, preferable;
- Previous experience in conducting DQAs and evaluations, preferable;
- A resident of Aden or nearby commuting areas;
- Lives in an area with stable and consistent internet access to facilitate work when necessary; and,
- Excellent command of English and Arabic.
- Ability and willingness to be mobile and agile at a moment’s notice in case of an emergency required.
- Ability and willingness to work for extended periods in insecure and diverse environments.
- Ability and willingness to safely enter and exit a larger, armored SUV vehicle that is several feet off the ground without assistance, while wearing body armor and/or a heavy flak jacket.
- In case of an emergency situation, must be able and willing to “duck and seek cover”, which may require the individual to exit the vehicle, unaided, and hurriedly seek shelter elsewhere, as needed, in the event of a roadside emergency.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent higher education.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment with regular visits to IPs’ offices in Yemen (mainly Aden) for meetings, trainings, capacity building activities, or conducting data quality assurance and less frequent field visits to the activity sites.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Yemen.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).