Chemonics seeks a monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) manager/gender specialist for an anticipated USAID Small and Medium Enterprise Activity in Serbia. The MEL manager/gender specialist will be responsible for managing all data-driven monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities. The MEL manager will ensure that overall program MEL activities meet quality standards. The MEL manager will coordinate closely with project leadership and engage appropriate members of the technical teams as needed. This position will be based in Belgrade, Serbia. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall design and execution of the Serbia SME MEL plan by ensuring the quality of the project’s M&E systems and appropriate data capture
- Contribute to data analysis and impact assessments on program and activity levels
- Provide overall vision, leadership and guidance of the Project’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plan approach
- Develop a system of capture and disseminate knowledge and lessons learned within the project and among project partners
- Design data collection tools that allow for quantitative and qualitative analysis. Develop tools for preliminary profiling and impact assessments
- Develop the database management system and set up protocols for collecting, analyzing, and reporting project data
- Facilitate the process of project learning to ensure knowledge and learning is effectively shared and applied throughout the activities
- Provide support for analysis, strategic planning, and improvement of technical implementation, effective use of resources, and sustainability of the Project
- Assist CoP and DCoP in managing MEL processes, liaising with the external evaluation team, and implementing programming
- Assist in the implementation of an adaptive management style, which will allow the activity project to review activities interventions and abandon, modify, or redefine them
- Conduct cost analysis of specific interventions
- Ensure proper gender integration into the activity’s work plan, activities and MEL
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent professional experience in SME development
- 5+ years of experience in international projects of similar size and complexity
- Strong skills in data research and analysis, including experience in collecting, monitoring and evaluating data for projects at different levels and by using different methodologies
- Ability to conduct cost benefit analysis
- Experience in developing database management systems and set up protocols for collecting, analyzing, and reporting on project data
- Expertise in gender analysis and experience integrating gender into development programming
- Ability to capture lessons learned to inform the activity’s technical approach, to ensure knowledge and learning is effectively shared and applied throughout the activities, for the purpose of adapting, effective use of resources and sustainability
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send electronic submissions to SerbiaSME@chemonics.com by August 4, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your CV and cover letter with MEL Manager/Gender Specialist in the subject line. Applicant cover letters should address experience using gender analysis and data as part of a MEL approach. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.