PATH seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor for the upcoming multi-year USAID-funded “Surveillance for Malaria Elimination” (S4ME) activity in Ethiopia. The S4ME activity will support Ethiopia’s NMEP to achieve their goals and objectives of sub-national malaria elimination, particularly to attain near zero malaria deaths and eliminate malaria in selected low transmission areas.
PATH works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the most pressing health challenges. PATH implements innovative, sustainable health solutions that align with the country’s needs and priorities, empowering millions to transform their own health.
The MEL Advisor will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and reporting again the project’s MEL plan, including appropriate performance indicators in line with USAID/PMI guidance. MEL Advisor will report directly to the Chief of Party (COP) and will take a leadership role in ensuring quality monitoring and evaluation of project activities. S/he will be responsible for contributing to the development and strengthening of S4ME implementation strategies based on the effective use of data, and for coordinating S4ME’s reporting function in line with deliverable and other requirements.
Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
- Provide overall technical guidance on the implementation of the project data collection and monitoring and evaluation system.
- Implement and monitor the performance monitoring plan covering activities to compile, analyze and present data for reporting of program progress and impact.
- Maintain and update the M&E system on an ongoing basis and generate needed reports to meet donor and other stakeholder requirements.
- Using DHIS2/HMIS data produce monthly, quarterly and other reports to inform progress toward end of project targets and adherence to donor support data requirements.
- Oversee data collection and monitoring activities at the target regions of the project.
- Provide technical assistance to MOH for monitoring and improvement of program activities.
- As a member of the in-country project management team, participate in discussions for design and implementation of project activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders such as MOH, implementing partners, academic institutions, and donors in the area of monitoring and evaluation.
- Take on duties as may be assigned by Chief of Party and other senior partners.