SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. SNV has been working in Nepal since 1980 and is active in Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
SNV Nepal with the financial support of Energizing Development (EnDev) will be implementing a project in Sudur Paschim Province and Karnali Province of Nepal. The main objective of the project is to promote Improved Cookstoves and Pico Hydro Rural Electrification Projects in rural and remote areas in collaboration with Provincial/Local Government and Alternative Energy promotion Centre (AEPC).
SNV is seeking qualified Nepalese for MEAL Advisor position to implement a Renewable Energy project funded by EnDev in Sudur Paschim and Karnali Province of Nepal.
The monitoring and evaluation / learning (MEAL) advisor will be responsible for conducting periodic impact/outcome monitoring and for knowledge management from the project. She/he will work closely with the project advisors to ensure inclusion of monitoring, evaluation and learning in all the project activities. The position also requires close communication and coordination with all the staff involved in the project implementation as outlined by project document.
The scope of the activities and responsibilities of MEAL advisor is as follows:
- Lead the design and implementation of the project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) Plan and ensure monitoring and evaluation methodology and data collection systems are appropriate and practical.
- Oversee the project MEAL system, including overseeing baseline, midline and end-line data collection, analysis, reporting, and dissemination of lessons learned to Renewable Energy stakeholders.
- MEAL process being an integral part of project management, so MEAL Advisor support these processes at the province and local level (including developing research methodology, questionnaire, finalization of data collection tools, analysis or results, visualization and report writing)
- Ensures and monitor the progress of project activities as per the committed deliverables of Local Partner and propose appropriate actions
- Monitor data quality and consistency, data quality assessments, and prepare periodic reports on project results.
- Support in conducting internal planning/ review meetings, monitoring and reporting as appropriate and contribute to prepare internal and external knowledge development
- Supporting local partner staff to oversee the effective implementation of the project plans
- Ensure synthesis, analysis and documentation on innovations, learnings and sharing of project insights and results
- Prepare evidence based cases and learning to contribute to knowledge development
- Maintain organised and labelled high quality photograph data base. Support in video and photo documentation
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of applied experience in designing, implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation/assessment tasks including rigorous surveys, studies, and analyses
- Should have strong experience using of statistical tools, analytical, and report writing skills and knowledge extracting skills.
- Demonstrated experience in mobile based data collection system using any software like Akvo Flow, ONA or Kobo.
- Extensive experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Good understanding on Project Cycle Management, Theory of Change and other MEAL approaches, requirements and systems
- Experience with Renewable Energy Projects in Nepal is desirable
- Ability to work in a team and in a time constraint situation
- Fluency in English and Nepali is desirable
- Strong writing ability in English
Report to: Project Leader
Period of Performance : up to 31 March 2021 (with possibility of extension)
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type : National Employment Contract (full time)
Required Number of Position : 1
Duty Station : Birendranagar, Surkhet
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV with motivation letter by clicking on the “I’m interested” button before 5 January 2020.
ONLY SHORTLIST CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: http://www.snv.org