ChildFund International’s Global M&E System is designed to help the organization improve outcomes for children through informed data-driven decision-making. Data collected as part of the Global M&E system includes basic demographics about enrolled children served by ChildFund and its affiliated partners as well as population-level indicators associated with positive outcomes for children, their families and their communities.
The M&E/Data Analysis and Visualization Intern contributes to ChildFund’s use of data for decision-making by supporting the Program Strategy, Impact, Learning & Knowledge team with the translation of complex data sets into actionable information through the creation of high-impact visualizations.
- Collaboratively develops and populates provided “plug and play” data visualization templates, tables, charts, graphs, and dashboards with analyzed data from SPSS outputs to make data consumable and actionable for different audiences, e.g. country teams and grassroots organizations
- Assists with the organization and management of a repository of all relevant files and information, such as data visualization templates and views, data sets, and software code and syntax files
- Advanced computer skills, with proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite applications, e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (required)
- Experience with data visualization and proven ability to understand, interpret and present complex data and information in compelling visual and user-friendly formats (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills (required)
- Proficiency in one or more data visualization platforms or software applications, e.g. PowerBI, Excel, etc. (preferred)
- Experience with one or more statistical analysis software packages, e.g. SPSS, STATA, SAS, R, etc. including ability to read and interpret output files. (preferred)
The candidate may be currently enrolled in or have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program. The ideal candidate must possess relevant work experience or have completed relevant coursework.