Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
PATH is implementing a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) project entitled Healthy Markets with an overall goal to grow a viable commercial market for HIV related goods and services – such as HIV testing, pre-exposure prophylaxis, sexually transmitted infections, condoms, lubricants and needles and syringes – that is capable of meeting the needs of populations facing the greatest risks. The expected program will include a network of complementary partners to bring about changes that result in strengthened local leadership and capacity for comprehensive and effective programming and social marketing of critical HIV goods and services.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist based in Hanoi, Vietnam, who will be responsible for the following tasks.
- Work with program and technical staff to set up a reliable monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system to meet requirements of high frequency reporting (HFR), monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER), program management performance (PMP) reports of the project
- Develop smart data collection tools, recording and reporting forms that allow tracking and reporting the cascade from reach and test to linkage to treatment and prevention services, such as ART and PrEP among key populations
- Take lead in development and implementation of regular data quality audit activities at site level to ensure consistency and accuracy of data recorded and reported of the project
- Work with program staff and other M&E staff to timely complete and submit HFR, MER and PMP reports
- Participate in development of the protocol and data collection tools for research studies, assessments and evaluations related to HIV, tuberculosis and virus hepatitis programs
- Prepare and submit necessary documents to get the institutional review board approval for data collection activities required by PATH and relevant local institutions
- Closely work with research partners to develop and conduct training for research/data collection team, and monitor the data collection to ensure compliance with the approved protocol and quality of the data
- Conduct quantitative/qualitative data analysis, prepare presentations, and write reports on research studies, assessments and evaluations
- Closely work with M&E lead and technical staff at PATH to ensure the alignment of research activities with program goals
- Develop and implement M&E reporting guidelines and systems designed to inform the direction of the project, including data quality and data use strategies
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a strategy for synthesizing and disseminating key results, programmatic lessons learned, methodologies developed and other research outputs of the program
- Work closely with programmatic/technical staff to provide technical assistance and support for implementing partners to set up a functioning recording and reporting system
- Other tasks as required by M&E lead, project coordinators and management