Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to provide monitoring and evaluation (M&E) technical services for an upcoming multi-year contract with the Department of State Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL), Office of Western Hemisphere Programs (WHP). This is a long-term position expected to start in Fall 2017. This position is contingent upon award.
The Panama M&E Specialist shall work with the M&E Coordinators, WHP, Posts, implementers, and all other relevant partners to determine the most effective and efficient data collection methodology for selected indicators and shall be in charge of collecting all data that originates from entities within Panama. Data collection effort may include (but are not limited to), submitting data requests to host governments, partnering with NGOs or other government partners, researching open source data, working with private entities, or designing and implementing surveys, interviews, or statistical modeling. This person shall become a subject matter expert in all INL/WHP programs in Panama and coordinate with the D.C.-based team in order to ensure the measures being developed are as standardized as possible across the Region. They shall draft PMDFs for selected indicators and work with their D.C.-based counterparts, implementers, and Post in order to determine how the data will be collected, displayed, and reported. This person shall be called upon to design measures and collect the data for smaller and more local projects, which will be done in coordination with the D.C.-based team. They shall respond to data calls and produce written and oral reports and presentations on Panamanian performance measures when requested. This individual shall brief decision-makers when requested and will ensure continuity of operations by guaranteeing the transfer of all data, standard operating procedures, and knowledge are transferred to the appropriate INL/WHP staff upon completion of the task order. This individual shall be in charge of collecting all performance measure data in Panama in compliance with the INL/WHP reporting cycle. This position will ensure all data, knowledge, documents, and systems are properly turned over to their INL/WHP-Post counterpart(s) and that those counterpart(s) are adequately trained on all indicators, data collection methods, and sources in order to ensure their counterpart(s) are able to continue collection and reporting.
- At least two (2) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, foreign assistance, and/or performance management
- US Citizen or Foreign National
- Ability to obtain MRPT Security Clearance (if US Citizen)
- Ability to obtain successful RSO security check if non US Citizen
- At least two (2) years of experience with data collection and management
- FSI Level 4/4 English and Spanish or equivalent
- Proven ability to deliver a quality written product and presentations in English
- Be based in Panama City and able to attend meetings at the S. Embassy and other INL/WHP-partners in Panama City
- High level of knowledge of Panamanian laws, customs, current events, and governmental
- Experience in a customer-facing position, with the ability to interact with government officials
- Ability to travel to D.C. or other places within Panama
- Ability and experience presenting results in presentations and written reports
- A moderate level of experience and competency with data analysis and producing quality descriptive data visualizations
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis and software such as SPSS
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Master’s Degree or 2 years of post-graduate education
- Experience with technical writing or report production
- Knowledge or experience with international narcotics and law enforcement-related
- Experience supporting the Government Accountability Office, Office of Inspector General,S. Department of State, Department of Justice, USAID or other similar government partners
- Experience with Tableau or other similar business intelligence software
- High level of competency with statistical analysis and statistical programs such as SPSS or STATA
- Experience supporting Non-governmental Organizations
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.