QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
- Coordinate communication among all actors involved in the process, including consultants, SIMPLE staff, QED Home Office staff, USAID, and its Implementing Partners, and ensure alignment with USAID communication guidelines and protocols as well as QED policies and processes
- Track the work progress against the contract dates and workplan and modify as needed and raise any major issues/challenges as they emerge
- Work with SIMPLE Finance Manager and QED assigned Project Coordinator/Manager to track and manage the budget and supervise evaluation teams
- Review the technical quality of deliverables submitted by consultants such as reports, tools, and presentations
- Develop the review process of deliverables and coordinate with all involved personnel including the formatter, copy editor and compliance service and ensure enough time is allocated for quality control reviews conducted by QED Home Office and SIMPLE staff
- Contribute to the design of assessments and studies, including data collection tools and the testing of the development hypotheses
- Contribute to design of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations
- Provide technical input for forthcoming performance monitoring tasks, such as reviewing Implementing Partners MEL plans, review of reporting methods, participating and/or task managing data quality assessments, co-delivering MEL training to Mission staff and/or Implementing Partners
- Contribute to, or support, learning activities to be developed and carried out with Mission staff
- A Bachelor’s degree or greater in a relevant field such as applied social sciences, development economics, or monitoring and evaluation; master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- A minimum of eight years of progressive responsibility working in M&E in international donor-funded development activities, with at least two years managing evaluations. Experience in a USAID-funded program preferred
- Technical expertise and relevant technical background in designing and managing evaluations or research efforts
- Demonstrated abilities in program/project results monitoring and reporting
- Experience managing consultants carrying out M&E activities
- Hands-on field data collection tools design and implementation experience
- Strong interpersonal skills for productively interacting and coordinating activities with a wide range of organizations (government agencies, universities, NGOs, and research institutions) within the Egyptian context
- Strong computer literacy, including MS Office, PowerPoint an Excel, with ability to analyze and interpret data using Excel, online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SPSS or similar programs
- Excellent English verbal, writing, and editing skills; strong Arabic written and spoken language skills required
- Egyptian nationals are highly encouraged to apply
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.