Program Support for the Central Tibetan Administration
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to work on a forthcoming, multi-year USAID-funded program to support the Central Tibetan Administration.
The M&E Specialist will be responsible for measuring and documenting achievement of targets and program objectives. Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party and working closely with NDI and its partners’ staff, the M&E Specialist will be responsible for measuring, documenting and reporting on the achievement of targets and program objectives and will be expected to work closely with NDI and its partners’ program staff.
This position is anticipated to start remotely in September 2021. The hiring of this position is contingent on donor funding and donor approval of key program personnel.
Authorization to work in India without requiring employee sponsorship is a prerequisite for a successful application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the program’s baseline, mid-term evaluation and impact evaluations and work as a part of the M&E Team to collect and analyze data and establish baselines, benchmarks and targets for the program’s process, outcome and impact indicators;
- Collaborate and lead staff to operationalize and roll-out of the Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plan and performance monitoring plan (PMP); establish an M&E system that ensures the ongoing collection and management of quality data throughout the life of the program;
- Maintain a uniform and consistent data collection and reporting methodology and schedule, and ensure consistent and timely application of all M&E systems and standards;
- Work with NDI-Washington to ensure consistency in approaches and ongoing implementation of monitoring and evaluation best practices;
- Provide training and guidance to M&E and non-M&E staff and local partners on data collection, quality, analysis and utilization;
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E in collaboration with program officers and senior staff;
- Assist program staff in identifying and highlighting achievements of objectives and outcomes;
- Develop M&E tools such as surveys, questionnaires, other tools in coordination with program staff; analyze and visual the data for reports and internal decision making;
- Guide the team in collecting, managing and using existing M&E systems to strengthen program management and donor reporting;
- Lead preparation for internal and external evaluations through the development of program briefing documents, organization of project information and compilation of program performance data;
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data on program deliverables, results and impact; collate, consolidate and prepare quarterly and annual reports and data submissions, including data entry and reports in internal and USAID databases;
- Lead the development and coordination of internal quarterly reflection, analysis and decision making sessions; draft donor reports, case studies, best practices, lessons learned, and success stories;
- Additional responsibilities based on demonstrated ability and/or program needs.
- University degree, preferably in social sciences or statistics;
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience, preferably in a not for profit organization, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience working on baseline, mid-term and final program evaluations;
- Experience in supporting USAID or foreign-funded development programs preferred;
- Experience with designing and using evaluation tools and methods such as surveys, interviews, focus groups, and research from secondary sources;
- Excellent communications skills to present information, respond to questions and write reports;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required; proficiency in Tibetan is highly desirable.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI’s Human Resources department.