The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer would be an integral part of the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit of the Operations and Finance Department. The role requires providing support in the following areas:
- designing and implementing M&E systems of key programs/projects
- carrying out evaluations of these programs (and/or managing a team of evaluation consultants)
- generating periodic monitoring reports for Executive Directors, GBGM’s Cabinet and The Connectional Table.
The M&E officer will work closely with program teams of the Global Health and UMCOR departments in the development of M&E systems to support grant making and measure performance of these programs. This officer would report directly to the Senior Manager of Monitoring and Evaluation with close working relationships with other members of the M&E Unit, particularly the M&E manager(s) assigned to the UMCOR and Global Health Units
The M&E Officer would be responsible for carrying out the following assignments:
Monitoring, Assessing /Evaluating
• With the guidance from the UMCOR and Global Health Manager(s), directly responsible for developing and rolling-out M&E tools, policies and procedures required to monitor and evaluate all grants/projects in the Global Health and UMCOR department.
• With the guidance from the UMCOR and Global Health Manager(s), provide support (and in some cases, leadership), in all evaluations carried out on all Global Health and UMCOR projects in tandem with the M&E unit. Specific tasks would include:
- Developing appropriate methodologies/protocols for evaluations o Developing tools for data collection o Supervising field work o Data processing and analysis o Report writing and presentation
• Provide day-to-day M&E support to M&E Manager(s) assigned to the Global Health and UMCOR Departments. Level of support would include, design (development of log frames, indicators, work plans etc.), review of grants, development of M&E tools and periodic data analysis.
Reporting: – With the guidance from the UMCOR and Global Health M&E Manager(s), Collate, analyze and report all departmental level (UMCOR and Global Health) M&E data to the 1) Executive Directors of Global Health and UMCOR. – Collaborate with M&E unit to develop periodic monitoring reports for submission to Executive Directors, GBGM’s Cabinet and the Connectional Table. Training and Capacity Building: – Provide technical support to staff members for all M&E related activities.
- Train program staff members on M&E concepts, skills and tools.
- Work closely with program team for enhancing their capacity for proper data collection and reporting.
- Contribute to the development of TORs, training materials, communication materials related to programs and M&E System.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES – M.Sc. in International Development, Applied Statistics, Public Health or related field with emphasis on Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum of four years’ work experience in similar position (s)
- Experience developing and/or implementing typical M&E systems for small to medium international development and/or relief programs. A clear understanding of results framework, IPTTs, PMPs, etc.; and the setting of SMART indicators is desired.
- Experience in leading program/project evaluations (quantitative and qualitative) in international development and/or relief settings (methodology development to writing final technical reports).
- Sound data analysis skills with the use of appropriate statistical software for data analysis and visualization. (at least one of the following: SAS, SPSS, Stata or Tableau).
- Experience in program design would be a plus (WASH, Health, Livelihoods, Emergencies etc).
- Willingness to travel to project sites (sometimes international) as and when requested
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experiences with Not for Profit Organization would be a plus.
- High degree of organizational and reporting ability with attention to detail and flexibility.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a cross-cultural environment with diverse personalities and working styles.