EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
Opportunity 2.0, funded by USAID, will strengthen second-chance education programs for vulnerable out-of-school youth in the Philippines. Opportunity 2.0 will collaborate and work with national and local systems supporting youth in order to provide 180,000 youth with the skills and opportunities to improve their education, employment, and livelihood outcomes.
Achieving this vision will require a multi-faceted, systems-strengthening approach that aligns the formal education system, markets, and youth “sub-systems” at the regional levels. This will be achieved by providing experienced project personnel embedded in government departments; further aligning the input of technical assistance; and maximizing opportunities to bring together the respective stakeholders to identify and refine synergies and transition pathways for youth, particularly between Department of Education (DepEd)’s Alternative Learning System (ALS) program and the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer reports to the Manila-based Senior M&E Manager and is responsible for coordinating monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities under the award in the O2 implementation sites. This is a regular full-time position based in Cebu City. The M&E Officer ensures timely communication of data to the Senior M&E Manager. S/he works with the Senior M&E Manager on the development and management of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan.
The M&E Officer’s specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Work with the MEL Team in designing, testing, and translating various M&E and research tools as well as activity monitoring plans and research work plans.
– Lead the implementation, coordination, and supervision of MEL activities in the assigned project sites.
– Perform or assist in data collection, data entry, data validation, and data quality assessment.
– Train field interviewers in data collection as necessary.
– Provide regular updates and write progress reports on MEL activities and submit M&E data timely.
– Assist the MEL and Communications Teams in documenting project impact and success stories.
– Liaise with internal and external project stakeholders in the assigned project areas to obtain information and data related to project performance.
– Present and share M&E and research findings to internal project stakeholders in the assigned areas.
– Assist with periodic reports as appropriate and submit inputs timely.
– Provide support to other special initiatives as may be needed.
– Demonstrate a high level of professionalism when dealing with sensitive and confidential documents and information, and with co-workers and EDC partners.
A Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, education, statistics or related field and minimum 5 years of directly relevant experience required. Master’s degree in education, social sciences, or a related field preferred.
Skills and Experience
– At least 5 years of directly relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably in USAID-assisted project.
– Outstanding and effective oral communication and writing skills.
– Extensive or rich experience with monitoring program implementation using qualitative and quantitative approaches.
– Experience using qualitative and statistical data analysis packages and database management systems.
– Experience in developing and coordinating data collection, processing, and analysis systems.
– Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with teams.
– Proven capacity to facilitate coordination among diverse range of staff and stakeholders
– Excellent people skills at all levels, cultural sensitivity, ability to work well under pressure, negotiate diplomatically, and the ability to work well in a multicultural and multidisciplinary work environment.
– Willingness to work and travel in all project areas.
Fluency in Filipino and English.
Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please. Open to Filipino Nationals only. Previous applicants need not apply.
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring a highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.