Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit (USPHAU)
Reports to: Project Director, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit (HRSA)
Location: Remote (US)
Position Type: Full-time, temporary through December 2021 (contingent upon award of grant)
Leveraging Partners In Health’s (PIH) experience and lessons learned from our COVID contact tracing collaboration with the state of Massachusetts, and our 30 years of global work in emergency epidemic response and health systems strengthening, PIH has spent the last year working with U.S. states, cities and community partners in building more equitable and effective public health responses to COVID-19 in the US.
The U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit (USPHAU) supports public sector and community partners on the frontlines of the public health response to COVID-19, to address this acute-on-chronic public health crisis, by providing technical assistance and knowledge sharing platforms to accelerate implementation of effective, equitable COVID-19 responses. Our approach to providing technical assistance to different public sector and community partners in the United States includes providing expertise and advice on design and implementation, incorporating an equity lens into execution, and creating a community of partners across the US to share best practices and challenges in order to fortify efforts amidst the national response to COVID-19.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will serve a critical role within the USPHAU through external research and internal program analysis, synthesis and evaluation, and dissemination of best practices in contact tracing and other aspects of the COVID-19 response. This person will have strong quantitative and analytical skills, demonstrate capacity to conduct rapid analysis and communicate such analyses regularly in a clear and concise manner, strong organizational and project management skills, and be familiar with implementation science and health systems strengthening.
- Manage and provide analytical advising for the USPHAU technical advisory team on the COVID-19 response. Domains of work include, but are not limited to: contact tracing, community mitigation, lab testing, equitable vaccine allocation and distribution strategies, and program implementation.
- Conduct evidenced-based analysis of data and preparation of summary briefs that drive the USPHAU’s development of effective recommendations for intervention
- With the Senior Technical Lead, serve as thought partner with the PHAU’s Learning Collaborative team on content creation for site teams and external audiences.
- Independently conduct literature/desk reviews and synthesis of key data to inform the current response and overall implementation of PHAU.
- Create data visualizations and infographics to summarize key public health data and messages.
- Conduct evaluation and develop documentation of results and lessons learned from project teams and other PHAU related work.
- Serve as a liaison for technical assistance for the PHAU and PIH on documentation, including white papers, online text, and academic manuscripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health science, information systems, analytics, or related field required, Master’s degree in health data science or related field preferred
- At least two years of experience in a demanding private sector or public health with progressive responsibility and demonstrated leadership
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex research and data to develop written and oral presentations to both broad audiences and senior stakeholders
- Practical experience in the provision of technical or program management support
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to build professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Familiarity with implementation science and health systems strengthening
- Experience developing and analyzing public health policy and research preferred
- Experience analyzing public health data in Microsoft Excel required, with experience in additional statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, Stata, Epi Info, etc.) preferred
- Proficiency in data management and visualization software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, QuickBase, PowerBI, Tableau); Experience using GIS (ArcGIS) a plus
Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit, global health organization that fights social injustice by bringing the benefits of modern medical science first and foremost to the most vulnerable communities around the world. PIH focuses on those who would not otherwise have access to quality health care.
PIH partners with the world’s leading academic institutions to create rigorous evidence that shapes more sound and all-inclusive global health policies. PIH also supports local governments’ efforts to build capacity and strengthen national health systems. As of today, PIH runs programs in 12 countries (Haiti, Peru, Rwanda, Mexico, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Malawi, Lesotho, Russia, Kazakhstan, Navajo Nation, and the United States), where it provides care to millions of patients, through public facilities and community engagement.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.