PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH and its partner IntraHelath International are implementing a program in support of HIV/AIDS efforts of the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (GDRC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in 8 health zones (HZs) in Haut-Katanga Province. The overarching goal of the Integrated HIV/AIDS Project in Haut Katanga (IHAP-HK) is to help the GDRC strengthen the continuum of care for high-quality HIV/AIDS services to achieve sustained epidemic control. IHAP-HK includes interventions at the provincial, HZ, facility, and community levels.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer—Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) for the Integrated HIV/AIDS Project in Haut Katanga (IHAP-HK), based in Lubumbashi, to support coordination of project M&E efforts related to OVC service delivery, including data collection, data analysis, data quality assurance, and data reporting activities. The M&E Officer—OVC will report to the IHAP-HK Senior Strategic Information Advisor.
• Collaborate with NGO staff working on OVC activities and OVC case managers to ensure that routine reporting against OVC-specific indicators is delivered on time; review submitted data; provide feedback to correct reporting errors; track to ensure corrections are made and re-submitted; and validate reports.
• Support OVC case managers and NGO staff with data recording and/or cleaning processes to ensure high-quality and timely collection and reporting of OVC-related data.
• Coordinate with NGOs, OVC case managers, and IHAP-HK M&E team to internally triangulate, correct, and validate OVC-specific data reporting received from IHAP-HK-supported NGOs prior to monthly health zone validation meetings.
• Assist the IHAP-HK M&E team with integration of OVC data elements into IHAP-HK’s existing project databased (e.g. project’s DHIS2 instance; Tier.Net etc.), as requested by the IHAP-HK Senior Strategic Information Advisor.
• Provide technical assistance to NGO staff and OVC case managers to correct ongoing gaps/weaknesses in recording and reporting OVC-related data and archiving of OVC records.
• Coordinate with IHAP-HK OVC Officer to coach OVC case managers and NGOs to ensure OVC cohort rosters are up-to-date and analyze package of clinical and social services reported as being provided to the project’s OVC beneficiary cohort to inform follow-up actions to address any gaps in provision of clinical and social services for OVC clients.
• Conduct routine data quality assessments (RDQA) for OVC sub-sets of data, under direction of the IHAP-HK Senior Strategic Information Advisor.
• Support the IHAP-HK M&E team, as requested, to respond to data-related requests from donors by extracting and/or compiling data from DHIS2, DATIM, and other sources.
• Provide support, as requested by the IHAP-HK Senior Strategic Information Advisor, with OVC data analysis requests, using specified templates for routine, quarterly, and annual reporting.
• Support training for IHAP-HK partners (i.e. health zones, NGOs, OVC case managers) on OVC data collection, including by contributing to agenda development, background documentation, presentations and materials for workshops/trainings, and facilitating or leading the training, as requested by the IHAP-HK Senior Strategic Information Advisor.
• Draft inputs for OVC-related activities or indicators for quarterly narrative and DATIM reporting, as requested by IHAP-HK Senior Strategic Information Advisor and Deputy Chief of Party-Technical.
• Support the IHAP-HK M&E team and Community Prevention and Treatment Officer to coordinate with NGOs to review/triangulate submitted data; provide feedback on corrections/data cleaning; and follow-up on needed corrections; and provide recommendations for improvement of data collection to the IHAP-HK Senior Strategic information Advisor for community testing and treatment data (e.g. self-testing, mobile testing, differentiated treatment etc.).
• Participate in USAID visits to OVC service delivery sites to understand gaps related to M&E, and coordinate with IHAP-HK OVC Officer, NGO staff, OVC case managers, and OVC supervisors to ensure implementation of USAID recommendations.
• Contribute inputs to the development, adaptation, and/or review of OVC-related data collection, reporting, or visualizations for IHAP-HK, as requested.
• Participate in and contribute to regular M&E team and project meetings.