We are looking for a highly qualified a candidates to fill the position of M&E Officer in Azraq Refugee Camp.
Who we are
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
About the job
The successful candidate will fulfill M&E responsibilities including, but not limited to: Post-Distribution Monitoring in beneficiary homes (shelters), assessment monitoring (Shadow visits), participatory monitoring activities, general satisfaction monitoring (exit interviews), and change monitoring (pre/post testing and assessments) in order to ensure high quality of assistance and continual learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support in conducting participatory monitoring activities with DRC beneficiaries to get information and feedback on the quality and relevance of assistance, both in Tamkeen Livelihood center and within the wider community in the camp;
• Support the development of data collection methodology and tools
• Regularly undertake field monitoring visits to conduct household interviews, post-distribution monitoring, pre- and post- assessments, focus group discussions, and any required visits as planned with the M&E Filed Coordinator;
• Identify and refer/report individuals with special needs, protection concerns, and any problems with DRC services to the M&E Field Coordinator and relevant program staff, as well as conducting phone call surveys in form of referralscorecards to monitor the quality of referral services provided;
• Ensure accurate data collection, data entry and upload as well as basic analysis of information;
• Ensure timely reporting on monitoring activities in line with work plans and project timeline;
• Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field observations and monitoring findings to the M&E Field Coordinator and relevant program staff;
• Work closely with the livelihood officer, conducting any monitoring activities for the livelihood projects;
• Build and maintain good working relations with staff from Azraq project;
• Other tasks as assigned by the M&E Field Coordinator.
To be successful in this role you must have:
a) Bachelor Degree in industrial engineering, social sciences, information management or other relevant area
b) Fluency in Arabic and English required
The candidate should have at least 1 year of relevant work experience – preferably in social work, community development, non-governmental organizations, or civil society.
Moreover it is expected to have:
Desired qualifications: Knowledge/experience with M&E specifically, information management or accountability. Skilled in all MS Office applications (particularly Excel). Basic knowledge at least of data analysis practices and tools.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a three months contract, renewable based on both funding and performance. You must be available to start on October 2017 and be willing and able to work in Azraq -Jordan.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals. This position will be placed at Grade D.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30-September -2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website http://www.drc.ngo