*Please include a cover letter describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications with your resume.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support and advise on projects under the Access to Medical Devices Portfolio within the Market Dynamics Program. The MEL Officer will work with other Market Dynamics team members and the MEL regional lead in Africa to define problems, conduct analyses, and apply findings to address market failures that restrict access to life-saving products and interventions, specifically in pursuit of improved access to respiratory care services. Project work will build on COVID-19 pandemic response efforts and ongoing needs for oxygen and other medical devices across countries in Africa and South Asia.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Monitoring and Evaluation of Respiratory Care grant(s):
- Lead the development and implementation of an M&E plan for a large, 4-year investment into respiratory care including:
- developing data collection tools, supporting use of relevant data collection applications, data visualization and analysis.
- leading the development of a data system to store project related data assets.
- support the team in establishing strong data management, use and sharing practices related to data collection, entry, processing, storage, and security.
- generating routine reports, dashboards for internal project monitoring, and continuous quality improvement.
- Communicate with donors and other project partners on project-specific key performance metrics and indicators. Build a network and contribute to the development of globally aligned respiratory care related indicators.
- Drive innovation and set a broader agenda around progress tracking for improved respiratory care access and patient outcomes.
- In collaboration with the project team, facilitate dissemination of project findings including technical input into written materials and communication with key partners.
Broader Portfolio Support:
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of grants across the Access to Medical Devices portfolio, co-design MEL plans, collect data, conduct analyses, and write reports.
- Build and contribute to an MEL working group in our portfolio, to share lessons-learned, develop studies and work with other MEL experts to create new insights.
- Provide leadership to implement benchmarks for centering equity and gender in project work and operations.
Innovation and research
- Contribute or lead developing innovative data-driven analyses for biomedical equipment challenges beyond the core project M&E activities.
- Develop and execute data analysis plans and modeling efforts that track progress for respiratory care related indicators.
- Liaise with partners in the global health monitoring and evaluation community to identify and pursue novel evaluation approaches in development practice.